Ripe Cuisine - Food Truck

Contact 713-876-4768

Houston area, Houston, Texas, USA, 77098

Food truck serving plant-based seasonally inspired lunch, dinner, and brunch food, since summer 2014. Check webpage for schedule. Previously a pop-up at farmers market. Open . Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out only

First Review by jlpicard86

Always delicious - Edit

Ripe never disappoints. I catch them either at the Rice University Farmer's market, Axelrad Beer Garden, or East Side Farmer's market. This is a must for vegans in Houston!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff

Ripe Cuisine delicious eating with a purpose - Edit

Started as a popup, then regular at Farmers' Markets, now a "rolling gourmet restaurant," aka food truck! What remains consistent is the delicious, tasty, quality vegan food. Healthy, seasonally inspired, mostly locally sourced & organic, this is very satisfying plant based cuisine appealing to vegans, veg-curious and, in general, folks who enjoy good, fresh food. Personal favorites are the breakfast scramble, coconut curry stuffed sweet potato, & beet falafel plate. Also offers delightful desserts, some featuring coconut bacon toppings.
No store front, yet. Find Ripe's food truck at Urban Harvest Farmers's Markets, Eastside location, 3000 Richmond at Eastside, Saturday's, 8am-noon, and Houston City Hall, 901 Bagby, Wednesday's, 11am-130pm, seasonally. Check Ripe's Facebook & Twitter pages for other times/locations. Also offers catering, personal chef & special event services.

Pros: Excellent food, Moderate prices, Fresh, local innovative cuisine

Cons: No storefront, Credit/debit cards only

Before I began my vegan diet, I was hooked to caprese sammys. I am so so happy to have found an affordable vegan caprese option. This sandwich is CRAZY DELISH and my absolute favorite and most convenient sandwich in Houston. GREAT JOB, RIPE! You guys are doing it right!!

Always delicious! - Edit

I have had a few different entrees from the Ripe food truck now and have enjoyed every one. On my first visit, I got the beet falafel and quinoa salad. Everything was so fresh and tasty. That visit prompted more stops by her truck, normally during the Urban Harvest Farmer's Market. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the brunch menu - from the donuts to the breakfast sandwiches, there hasn't been a thing I haven't enjoyed. Always feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Can't wait to try more items on her menu!

Pros: Healthy, Flavorful, Seasonal Variety

Delicious - Edit

I can only comment on her ice cream, but it was delicious. A very small serving for over $5, though. Not a great price but then it dissuades me form eating it all the time.

Pros: delicious

Cons: small serving, expensive

You'll love it even if you aren't a vegan - Edit

I've been to Ripe twice now and both times I've had amazing food. I am not a vegan or vegetarian but I LOVE Steph's food. She really knows how to combine flavors and spices and I know I will always have a great dish...even if I don't really know what's in it. Ha! I had the tacos, burger, and ice cream last week and all three were completely different but equally delish. I can't wait to see what she has on her menu next week.

Pros: healthy, delicious options, good value for money

Cornucopia of flavors - Edit

I've eaten at RIPE a a couple of times now and have had a great experience each time. Stephanie really knows how to combine flavors. This week I had the fajitas and the sweet/sour/hot/spicy combination was delightful. Stephanie mixes up the menu which provides opportunity for new tastes. She takes care of her clients and adjusts to their requests on the fly. I'm very impressed with the overall experience and hope she continues to do well.

Pros: Excellent food, Variety of flavors, Wonderful service

Cons: Summer heat:)

Delicious, Seasonal & Healthy Vegan Food - Edit

I grew up in Houston but now live in NYC. I've been home twice in the past couple months, and have made it a point to stop by Ripe on Sundays! I have yet to be disappointed, and everything is always super delicious! Not to mention very affordable. I first sampled the Buddha Noodle bowl made with raw zucchini noodles, and ended up going back to purchase a second one! It was super fresh and satisfying. I also tried my parents' selections, and really enjoyed everything. On my more recent trip, I got the Tofu Banh Mi, which was amazing. The eggplant mayo and pecan porcini pate added a special touch to the sandwich. I of course had to order the Mocha Road Ice Cream as well, which did not disappoint. My sweet tooth was fully satisfied.

Pros: tasty & healthy, seasonal & local, affordable

DELICIOUS food and constantly changing menu - Edit

The food was delicious. It was flavorful and very filling. I tasted both the West Coast burger and the squash taco. The ice cream was a perfect end to the meal. And you know you are getting a very healthy meal! They are super friendly and helpful and are able to explain the menu items and make helpful suggestions! She is definitely a fabulous cook! The menu is different each week so you can always try something new and different. This booth was definitely the most popular...I saw many people going back and trying a different menu item. Some people were sharing menu items (like we did) so you can try more than one item.

Pros: healthy food, varied menu

Great food & something new every week - Edit

I've been to Ripe about three times now, and the food is always great - full of flavor! I've had (or tasted someone else's) grilled peach salad, tofu bahn mi, sloppier joe, squash tacos, West Coast burger, and avocado tacos. The food is always complex and layered with flavors! The best thing is that she changes her menu weekly, so you can go back the next week and try something completely different! (And try the ice cream - perfect for the hot summer!)

Pros: Great food, Changing menu, Get to eat outside, listen to music

sloppy joe and avocado tacos - Edit

I tried them out at houston vegfest ordered the Avocado Tacos and sloppy joe both were good but the sloppy joe was small for the price I thought it would come with fries. The guy working there was rude though.

Pros: good food, Avocado Tacos

Friendly with a changing menu - Edit

I have been to Ripe three times now and have tried something different each time. The Sea-sar salad tasted just like I remember a Cesar salad taste but totally vegan. I had the beet felafel which was good as well. Both of those were on the small side, but I prefer that over the typical Texas portions. This past weekend I had the sloppier Joe, and I was amazed at how much food this was compared to the other menu items (my boyfriend had the avocado tacos which I liked a lot but definitely less food). I even got the ice cream but by that point it had melted (but I still enjoyed it).

Every time I have gone I am greeted with smiles and they are very friendly and willing to help if you have preferences. My favorite thing is they change the menu each week! Some items are favorites and have shown up multiple times but she puts at least one item that she hasn't had before. This is why I go back, many booths at farmer's markets have the exact same menu each week and do not vary it based on what is in season but Ripe thankfully is mindful of the produce in season.

I know another comment was on Veg Fest, I didn't go to her booth at the event because I wanted to try something different, but I know when I go on Sunday's at the farmer's market it is always pleasant.

Pros: Friendly, Inovative, Excellent Food

Cons: Only Sundays, Small Portions

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ripe Cuisine - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5550 times since May 2013.