Malaysian Chapter

u2/6-8 Weedon Close, Belconnen, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 2617

Serves meat, vegan options available. Malaysian hawker food. Offers a vegan menu which includes a variety of dishes with tofu as well soy meats. Open Mon-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm, Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm.

Category: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Malaysian, Singaporean, Non-veg

First Review by moonbug

great vegan options - Edit

My husband and I eat here regularly. He's not vegan, but he eats from the vegan menu and loves it.
The service is great and so is the food.
Canberra isn't the cheapest place to eat, but the prices here are pretty competitive.
One of the best things is the nasi lemak.

Pros: separate veg*n menu

Amazing inclusive restaurant - Edit

Malaysian chapter is a great family business with amazing food. On arrival you are asked for a vege or meat menu which is refreshing for a mixed store. I was also asked if I wanted the vege options vegan or vegetarian. The food is typical Malaysian fair with great street for I recommend any of the noodle dishes. This is a hidden gem of Canberra and I would totally recommend a visit!

Pros: full vege menu

so much choice and so tasty! - Edit

As soon as we walked in, we were asked whether we would like the vegetarian or the normal menu. Then, before we ordered, we were asked whether we were vegan!

The veggie menu is huge and everything we have had here has been delicious.

The only downside for us was that there were no vegan versions of the condensed milk-based Malaysian coffee drinks. The only coffee option for us was black coffee.

Pros: lots of choice for vegans, delicious food

Cons: no vegan Malaysian coffees

Excellent service. - Edit

The owners and staff were all very accommodating and helpful. Happy to change or supply meals that suited our many dietary requirements or preferences. The food is fabulous. My favorite vegan dish so far is the Char Kway Teow.

Pros: Lots of vegan/vegetarian options. Gluten free and, Tasty food, Excellent service

Cons: A little pricey but worth it.

Awesome food - family friendly! - Edit

This place is just wonderful. The staff members are all incredibly friendly, super flexible and great with kids. The food is delicious and most importantly has an entire MENU of vegetarian food - each dish of which can also be made vegan. They also cater to kids who are a bit fussy or can't eat hot food, and have a whole play area for the kids.

My only problem with this place is I'm not used to so much choice and can never make up my mind what to eat!! Five star food and service.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Entire vegetarian/vegan menu

Wonderful Experience - 10/10! - Edit

Just dined here tonight with my family. Excellent service, all of the staff were so warm and welcoming. Food absolutely incredible. There are so many vegan options it will take several visits to explore them all. The lentil curry and sweet and sour soy meat with pineapple are both wonderful.

Also worth mentioning that the soy meat is also gluten free. Great place to dine with omnis/people with dietary restrictions as they do have a meat menu, but they have gone out of their way to make vegans welcome. They even have 2 vegan desserts on the menu.

I absolutely loved going there, perfect 10/10 on food, service and atmosphere. The authenticity of the staff there really topped off the experience. They were so welcoming and clearly passionate about what they do.

I think its still a bit of a Canberra secret, so visit and spread the word because I want them to be successful and stick around!

Also I have never been so motivated to write a review of a restaurant before, except this place is so great i just had to tell people!

Pros: Diverse range of yummy vegan food, Excellent (10/10) customer service , Not a single disappointment

Excellent Authentic Malaysian - Edit

I've eaten here fairly regularly over the past year or so as despite not being exclusively vegan, they have some excellent vegan options.

The food is very authentic hawker style Malaysian, with dishes such as char kwey teow, rojak, roti canai, rendang curry and nasi lemaki available. They offer soy meat and tofu as options for most dishes.

The flavours are magnificent, though if you cannot handle chilli or spice it's best to mention it as some of the dishes are quite spicy.

The staff are lovely and very accomodating and friendly. They will go through the menu with you if you aren't sure which options are vegan or if you have any allergies.

There is a small "childrens area" with books and toys which a couple of 3 year olds I know enjoy as it gives them a better option than sitting at the table whilst waiting for food to arrive.

Pros: Authentic, Vegan options

Cons: Not 100% vegan, No vegan wine

Return to Canberra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Malaysian Chapter closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2007 times.