First Review by msincredible

Classy restaurant with delicious, creative food - Edit

A white tablecloth restaurant on the 5th floor, with a peaceful, pleasant atmosphere. They serve delicious, creative, organic dishes without mock meat. The workers are very attentive. I had a superb claypot with special mushrooms, tofu skin and beans; I also had their glutinous rice (cooked in a leaf with vegetables and beans), which was scrumptious. For dessert I had the black sesame sauce, which was wonderfully rich, and a coconut juice. Altogether that came to $42.75.

Pros: Superb food, No mock meat

Cons: Pricey

Good vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Huge selection of vegetarian options. Enjoyed the various items we had. The staff is very friendly and almost too attentive: you can't really finish your bowl/plate and they will already be next to you trying to refill.
The location is on the 5th floor of Liat Tower on Orchard Road, so it is a bit separated from the outside world - no outdoor seating, no windows, which is a bit sad. The prices are a bit on the higher side: we had two drinks, 4 mains and a salad and went for approx. 120 SGD

Top grade chinese vegetarian - Edit

This is the best chinese vegetarian that we've eaten. There is relatively little faux meat on the menu, an emphasis on healthy and organic food, and the food is delicious. The atmosphere is really nice as well. It's not the cheapest, but it's worth it.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, ambience

Great Upper Scale Chinese Restaurant - Edit

This is a wonderful Chinese vegetarian restaurant located just off of Orchard Road and very close to the MRT station. It's on the fifth floor of the Liat Towers building, so a bit hard to find, but the food is well worth the small adventure of finding it. The menu has great photos of most of the food, so it's easy to have an idea of what you'll be getting. The hotpots are my favorite, but everything that we had was very good. The English of the staff seems a bit limited, however. This is a sit-down restaurant, and is one of the more upscale vegetarian restaurants in Singapore.

Pros: great food

Good but you will find better value in Singapore - Edit

This is a friendly modern restaurant near the western end of Orchard Rd (Liat Centre) which you will need to map before you come because it is not in a location where you will spot it easily. The food was good but nothing special, portions just about adequate for us but didn't really push the boundaries considering the price range, where the equivalent spend would really provide a banquet although in less comfortable surrounds. There was no english speakers on the evening that we visited but it has a pictorial menu and they are very friendly. Note that 17% will be added on to your bill for service and a local tax, so don't go there on your final day and just enough cash in your pocket!

Pros: Friendly staff, healthy cuisine

Cons: buffet requires a minimum of 4 people

Tung Lok's Festival Goodies at LingZhi - Edit

During the CNY period, I purchased Turnips NianGao - Tung Lok's Festival Goodies at LingZhi Novena Sq, as CNY Gift to my neighbours. They told me they really enjoyed it very much even their kid likes it too. That solved my headache of what delectable vegetarian auspicious goodies in attractive packaging to get for non-vegetarian friends.

Went to LingZhi @ Liat Tower to purchase more Turnips and Red Bean NianGao. The staffs are very friendly, knowledgeable and it likes seeing old friends. Even share tips on how to prepare grated coconut (steamed with pinch of salt) to go with the Traditional NianGao and how their guests love.

That really makes patronizing them an enjoyable experience, even overseas visitors feel that. When we chat with vegetarians in Asia or Europe, who came to Singapore and visited Lingzhi, they speak highly of this restaurant and some even blog about the experience in this restaurant.

Lingzhi has presented the vegetarian cuisine well especially their monkey head mushroom dishes that are well loved by vegetarian or non-vegetarian. To me, vegetarian cuisine just like any other cuisine, if it is awesome and delectable, it is for ALL to enjoy. Just like Chinese can enjoy French Cuisine and Non-vegetarian can enjoy Vegetarian Cuisine.

With their team of professional Chef and Celebrity Chef under Tung Lok's Group, I am always looking forward to more innovative vegetarian cuisine from them.

Pros: Friendly Staff, excellent food

imaginative food - Edit

The one thing they do here, is try to put a new slant on asain food.
The food was very tasty and varied, the dishes are far from the normal mock/tofu you expect and this a great benefit.
It's good value and the only thing that stopped a five star rating, was the service was a bit too much. It's good service, but as soon as you finish they are moving things about, you can't have a sip of tea without a member of staff filling your cup again, even before it reached the table. It's a personal view, I'm sure lost of people would like this service, just not my bag.
This is one place you should try in Sinagpore.

Pros: good food, new ideas

Cons: service...too much!!!

Yummy Appetizers - Edit

I was looking for food to go, and was disappointed when looked at the menu. Nothing appealed to me, and everything was expensive. However, the staff was really nice, so I decided to order the "cheapest" item on the menu. Then I went up to the register to pay, and my disappointed suddenly disappeared! In the glass display were a variety of appetizers/dumplings/sauces/etc). And very affordable. I quickly ask if I could cancel my last order and they did. I chose a variety, and everything was delicious.

Creative Chinese food - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very creative menu here, not your typical Chinese veggie restaurant with heavy mock meats. The food was really tasty, full of fresh ingredients. Portions are small so you may have to order more dishes than expected. Most of the dishes were vegan but it was difficult to communicate with some of the staff about this.

Pros: Delicious food, Fresh ingredients, Creative menu

Cons: Small portions, Staff's English not great, Vegan items not generally marked

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ling Zhi Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3138 times since Aug 2007.