Imm Aim Vegetarian and Bike Cafe

Contact 0892645511

7/3 Santirak Road, Mueng (at beside Satitham Temple), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50300

Serving vegetarian food using mostly organic produce from local producers. Thai food, salads, pasta, smoothies, fruit drinks, and coffee. Located down the street from YMCA on Santitham Road between the YMCA and the round-about. Kitchen closed at 8pm. Previously named Pun Pun. June 2016 relocated from Santitham Road. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Thai, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by AlkalineAndRaw

Fantastic food, wonderful owners - Edit

This place did not disappoint. Run by a very nice family they use organic local produce and everything is made in house. The menu doesn't have a huge amount of vegan food but they are very supportive of vegan and there are enough items to choose from. First time I went there I got the curry with sweet potato naan, it costs 60 baht for curry with rice or 75 baht for the sweet potato naan instead. Second time I had the wrap-it-yourself burrito. It was fantastic, came with a plateful of lettuce, pico, guacamole, beans, and rice and 2 tortilla wraps. It cost 120 baht but it was definitely enough food to warrant the cost. Highly recommended!

tasty vegan food - Edit

Delicious and interesting menu choices. I ordered a banana blossom salad, a mint lemonade, fresh rolls, and sweet potato naan. Everything was super fresh and flavorful as well as very cheap. I definitely recommend everything I ordered and the rest of the extensive vegan menu looks great too.

Fresh innovative & Thai tastes ftw - Edit

Situated in a quiet garden it is a homey restaurant. There are a variety of foods such as pasta & falafel on the border of fusion. Though the falafel is far from the middle east the pita bread is really good. The banana flower salad (yum) was excellent!

Pros: Most is vegan Fresh salads Inexpensive

excellent food - Edit

We thought our hotel was in an inconvenient location until we discovered this place (we were staying around the corner) and now we are super thankful. The food is excellent and it is nice and quiet. The prices are reasonable; we got 2 main meals and 2 juices for less than 250 baht. I highly recommend the avocado, pineapple and lime juice, it is an excellent combination.

Pros: good range of food options, tasty meals, great juice

Delicious, Healthy, Great Location! - Edit

This place is AMAZING! The owner and staff are so warm & friendly. Considering portion sizes, food quality & organic/local/etc ingredients this place is very well priced. I love the ambiance and food. Definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Chiang Mai! Highly recommend. :) The only downside is the restaurant is often swarmed by mosquitos but the staff have now placed bug spray on each table which is so considerate!

Pros: Healthy Food, Delicious, Very Vegan-Friendly

The best! - Edit

Imm Aim is a firm fave. The food is made fresh to order and they are happy to make amendments to suit your tastes (low/no oil, no salt, no spice etc).

The Pesto Pasta (request with rice noodles) is delicious but my fave dish is the Green Mango salad, tangy, fresh and super tasty.

The owner, Mr O, is cool too.

Worth a visit if in Chiang Mai.

Pros: Delicious food, Good place to chill out, Fast service

Cons: Beware of mosquitos, No Wifi

Imm Aim Vegetarian and Bike Cafe, Chiang Mai - Edit

I'm amending my rating of this place. It seems me and my girlfriend quite often find ourselves reminiscing of this place from our visit to Chaing Mai. Delicious vegan food, a delightful setting and very nice staff make this place a winner.

Updated from previous review on Saturday December 27, 2014

I've taken a look at some of the other reviews and I'm a little confused by them. Firstly there are seven pages of food items on the menu. There isn't a single non vegetarian offering on the menu so hopefully that clears that right up. Secondly, I've been vegan fourteen years and while menu here isn't 100% vegan by any stretch I t isn't difficult to get some vegan food here.

I've just had mussaman curry with potato, peanut, carrot and pineapple. What a treat. It was served with sweet potato roti that was also a delight. My partner in crime ordered a small platter that consisted of veg soup, fried brown rice, peanut pesto sauce and carrot and cucumber stick. She liked it. She had a latte made with coconut milk. I had a pineapple and ginger coconut milk smoothie. It was great.

It's an interesting menu. As well as Thai food there's dishes on there from other parts of the world. For a group of vegos eating together there is different tastes that can be accommodated.

One last thing is the setting. It's mostly outdoor under the shade of a thatched roof that gets its support being woven into the trees. There's tables outside with people quietly tapping away using the wifi or scribbling away on a notepad. There's also a bookcase if that is your thing to check out some literature. The tranquil beauty of the setting is the nicest of the eight or so places I've eaten within Chiang Mai so far.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty food, Beautiful settting

2 Responses

Fresh and light food with great atmosphere - Edit

I found this restaurant easily from the Happy Cow map and enjoyed a fresh filling lunch there. Like some other reviewers have said the food is lightly prepared and seasoned. A friend and I shared their herbal spring rolls, a sweet potato salad, a brown rice salad, and some ginger stir fried broccoli. Everything felt very healthy and fresh. It's different from many other veggie restaurants in town and definitely a little pricier (our lunch came to 360 baht). But I think overall the shaded quiet setting and quality ingredients make it a worthwhile place to visit.

Pros: fresh pure food, great smoothies , pleasant setting

Cons: a little pricy, maybe not spiced enough for some

Very disappointing - Edit

The place is pleasant and easily accessible. However it's a very big stretch to label this restaurant as "vegetarian friendly". It has few vegetarian items in the menu - not a separate section for vegetarians. It's not any different from most of the Thai restaurants in town who have some vegetarians items and a possibility to request tofu or vegetables instead of meat. Further, the four of us dining there found the food mediocre at best; the prices high; and the portions small. We most definitely will not be coming back there.

Pros: pleasant place , easily accessible

Cons: Not vegetarian friendly, mediocre food, expensive

2 Responses

Quaint Veg Cafe - Edit

Very nice atmosphere and great staff + service.

I am a tough nut when it comes to vegetarian food. Twice I enjoyed my time at ImmAim Vegetarian Cafe. Very peaceful atmosphere.

I ordered the organics veggies in creamy curry. For the price it is fair but by local standards its expensive. I can eat at other nearby vegetarian shops, three times, for the price of one meal here. But it will not be organic veggies.

It appears that the dishes are geared towards the western palate. Which is great for those that can't handle typical Thai spice. For me it doesn't keep me coming back for more though. I want that exotic punch of flavor.

Pros: Organic, Great vibe, Friendly

Cons: Not many vegan selections

mmmm, really - Edit

while this is a lovely place, and staffed by lovely people, the food was all a bit tasteless and over wholesome
if you are looking for real thai food, do not come here
if you are looking for a californian style meal, then do!

"One of the best vegetarian restaurants inThailand - Edit

Originally I saw "Imm AIm Vegetarian Cafe'" [Previously Pun Pun] on a BBC article 'be good to yourself in Chiang Mai' and was instantly interested. With a bit if free time my boyfriend and I headed to the satitham branch for what was breakfast for us but at lunch time. We found it easily, we walked from our hotel and first followed signs for the YMCA and then the small black signs for PunPun's itself. The menu was full of a variety of fresh ingredients. I especially liked that they had inserted a seasonal menu which detailed dishes using in season vegetable as well as having the year round menu.
The owner and server was very friendly and spoke good English. we were happy to find out that the brwakdast menu also runs all day. We received everything we ordered which some reviews have said they had a problem with. Everything was amazingly presented and tasted fresh and earthy. The food did not take long to prepare either.
I also bought some peanut and honey butter and some lime shampoo for their organic store.
If ever in chaing mai again I would love to visit again.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 07, 2012

Pros: delicious, healthy , cheap

Slightly disappointed - Edit

After much effort in finding the place (the Tuktuk driver dropped me off nearby, she had no idea where it was and neither did I, and after an hour of searching in the rain I eventually found it), I was a bit disappointed as the first three things I ordered they didn't have. They were out of avocados so a big section of their menu was therefore not available. So I tried for a hummus wrap and she said they had no hummus. Then I tried for a sweet potato salad without yoghurt and she said it is pre-made with the yoghurt. so eventually I ended up eating dry toast (the jam was not sweet at all) with salad.

As a vegan it is difficult to order as nearly all their dressings contain honey, and as mentioned when asked if certain ingredients such as yoghurt can be removed, the response is that it cannot because it is pre-made. I realize that this is a vegetarian place and not vegan, but I really think restaurants need to step up their game, at LEAST to allow for flexibility with their menu as there are more and more vegans around and the number is growing by the day. Don't put honey and yoghurt everywhere unless this can also easily be omitted.

So all in all I was a bit disappointed with the experience and don't think I would go back to this particular branch. I would probably try the other branch though and see how that goes, I believe their menu may be more extensive.

Best Food in Chiang Mai - Edit

Food is fresh, excellent, vegetarian (a few dishes use egg and/or dairy), healthy, mostly organic and reasonably priced. Staff and owners extremely good hearted and accommodating to special requests. A very warm, family-like atmosphere. I have been going almost every day at least once per day for months, since they opened. One thing I noticed was that I would see the same basic crowd of people almost every time I went and most of them were long-term tourists who just happened to live in that particular area. But it showed that those of us who had found the place kept coming back.

Anyway, now is low season, the crowds are finally thinner at my favorite eatery, so it now makes sense to let you all know about it. Until recently it was almost impossible to get a seat during anything like normal meal times, so I figured I would wait till the crowds thinned before reviewing.

It is located 75 meters north of the old YMCA (a few blocks north of Huay Kaew Rd and the Kad Suan Kaew shopping complex). Excellent salads, raw food, juices, shakes, smoothies sandwiches and international fusion and Thai cuisine.

It is a covered, open-air, non-smoking venue with lots of trees and plants and the building walls are pleasantly covered with a natural earth plaster giving an overall very natural and relaxed feeling. Thai food starts as little as 40 baht (US$ 1.30) for a good sized bowl of herbal veggie organic rice soup. Big (full meal) organic salads range from 55 to 80 baht. Various international entrees with small salads range from about 80 to 120 baht with most around 95 baht. They also have teas and chai and coffee and some desserts. There is also a small shop where you can buy some fresh produce and some natural home and gift products. A better number than the one listed is + 66 870116599

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Great value

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Imm Aim Vegetarian and Bike Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4786 times since Apr 2012.