First Review by hrefna

Delicious Healthy Food - Edit

I really love this place. It's true, they do serve meat, but they have a wide array of vegetarian and vegan options on offer. Some of which are even gluten free. And there really are very few veg-friendly restaurants around here. It's a casual place, more of a cafe than a restaurant really: you order your food at the counter and then sit down. Usually I pay after eating, which makes it easy: I can help myself to hot drinks from the hot drinks station (lots of teas, organic coffees, and plenty of decaf choices) or cold drinks from the fridge(mostly calorie free options, the house-brewed iced tea is fantastic) and then pay at the end for everything I ate and drank.

My personal favorites are their "Edgy Burgers", house-made veggie burgers available in a multitude of different flavors like Sunflower Sesame, Pumpkin Chickpea and my new favorite, Ginger-Lime Edamame. They usually have about 8-10 different flavors of vegetarian or vegan burgers to choose from. They are served either on a panini or on one of three choices of salad greens, with your choice seven different chopped salad toppings/panini fillings from the wide selection on offer, your choice of dressing (I love the sesame dressing best) and your choice of snack: either a bag of baby carrots or a bag of pretzels.

The food is fresh and well prepared, and care has been taken to make the menu as healthy and weight watcher friendly as possible, with lots of low calorie options. Portions aren't tiny (though I have noticed that with the new menu changes they seem to be getting smaller) but fattening items like cheese are doled out sparingly (literally with a teaspoon and a scale. This is great if, like me, you are on a diet but I can imagine it driving some folks crazy. They also try to be budget conscious, while ordering a la carte can get expensive there are a selection of meal deals on offer for 8 dollars or so.

All in all, its a treasure of a place, one of the few restaurants in this area where a vegetarian or a vegan can choose what we feel like eating from a variety of different menu items. The one change I wish they would make is to offer free tap water to customers.

Pros: well made, tasty food, weight watcher friendly, good place to hang out

Cons: small, a bit cramped, closes in the early evening, Don't have free water available

Has CLOSED: FeelGoods Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 827 times since Apr 2010.