Clean Cafe

Contact 087862197585

Jalan Raya Campuhan, Ubud (at opposite Antonio Blanco Museum), Bali, Indonesia, 80571

Serves fish, vegan options available. Extensive menu offering western and international vegetarian meals and seafood plus smoothies and juices. Could ask to make a dish vegan if not already, with option to add tofu and tempeh. Restaurant is decorated throughout in a modernist style. 2015 relocated from Jalan Hanoman. Previously known as Clear Cafe. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Fusion, Indonesian, Non-veg

First Review by veganbride

Clean food and epic environment - Edit

Clear cafe is a winner for sure when it's about the ambiance and clean food. Clear has been rebuilt since the unfortunate destruction that burner the building to the ground. The new building is a sight to see and truly epic. Service before was on point but considering the business has had to build from the ground up from scratch I'll give some slack. Food does need some improvement as well as spice overall.

Pros: Enough options and can modify to Vegan fare

Cons: It's pricey

Amazing place - Edit

Our favourite place in Ubud : everything we ate was tasty (drinks and food). We were so full we didn't try any dessert :) We also

To be noted : my friend was disappointed by the kitcheree (apparently not so flavoured).

I recommend the love burger, the wrap BLT, the pad thai. The smoothies and other drinks were all good.

We did love the place, beautiful and peaceful.

Pros: Tasty food, Delicious drinks, Ambiance

Cons: A bit pricy

set the bar very high - Edit

This restaurant set the bar very high for one of my first experiences of vegan food.

Went here on out first night in Ubud and went every night for the rest of our stay. Incredible decor and vibes, great selection of food which never failed to disappoint no matter what we chose. Also try the chocolate mint shake!!

Extensive Menu - Edit

My friend and I ate there twice while in Ubud. We were recommended this Cafe by friends who fell in love with it before.

We had a variety of things ranging from tacos, to mashed potatoes, shakes, falafel, etc. The Chocolate Coconut Mylk shake was simply to die for. The blackened fish tacos were so blackened they weren't that appetizing. Nachos were phenomenal.

Sadly, after both nights of eating there my friend and I had terrible stomach aches. I hope it wasn't the food but rather something else! Everything seemed clean and wonderful while we were there so maybe it was something else?

Pros: View, Atmosphere, Vegan Shakes

Cons: Stomach aches

Stylish & romantic ambiance. - Edit

Clear Cafe definitely impresses with looks alone. We came here for our final evening in Bali & had a lovely dinner. My friend had vegan Pad Thai & claimed it was the best he's ever tasted (Though I found it overly salty.) I had a curry of some sort & was very happy both with flavour & presentation. The smoothies were ok, mine was strawberry with young coconut milk & I find the young coconut has an unpleasant sour taste which overpowers, that's a personal thing..the young coconuts are very common use in Bali. The ambiance here was great, spacious with low lighting & modern decor. It felt like a special night out for a very affordable price. Something to note: as we were leaving we noticed a mouse running around under the tables.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 15, 2013

Pros: Stylish place, Plenty of vegan options, Pleasant service

clearly Devine! - Edit

I have never had anything but delicious meals here! Even if you don't want a meal, the deserts and drinks are also incredible. More often than not, I choose a drink that tastes like a desert and then have a desert....but they are all so scrummy, healthy and delicious I don't think twice about it! You can also do some taste testing in the shop out the front, what more could you wish for!

Pros: excellent variety, fast service, guilt free delights

Cons: can get quite busy

Excellent choice in Ubud - Edit

I went through several of the raw items on the menu here, and they were all fantastic! My favorite was the Suki Sushi, with delicious gingery-wasabi flavours. Service was prompt, atmosphere is nice, prices good. Recommended!

Pros: delicious and creative, very clear vegan and raw items, fancy but still cheap

Cons: not a vegan place, they surprise you with a tax at the end

Our number 1 choice in Ubud - Edit

We visited Clear Cafe after we had been to a few health food places already and thought we had seen it all. Nothing could be further from the truth. This restaurants serves mouthwatering dishes, fantastic smoothies, has a great stylish decor, attentive staff and a fantastic seperate 'dessert shop' right next to the restaurant. Great raw food too.

Pros: Outstanding quality, Modern stylish interior, Great smoothies

Cons: Little pricey

Vegan brownies are to die for - Edit

We have visited the shop adjacent to the restaurant only. They serve many raw deserts and snacks (all vegetarian) but do have some cooked items. One of these is labelled 'vegan brownie' and caught our eye. For Rp 15000 you can't do much better for desert in Ubud. It tastes as good as any brownie you'll ever have and hits the chocolate spot. Two thumbs up!

Pros: vegan brownie

Cons: not more things like vegan brownie

Exponentially trendy - Edit

Clear Cafe didn't come up very hight on the Happy Cow search list for places in Bali, but boy am I glad we stumbled across it!
It was the trendiest place I have ever been to, not even big city cafes compare to that great little gem in little Ubud town. Everything is well thought through - from the design & decor to health drinks and meal presentation. Make sure you try one of their amazing juice mixes - they come in a crazy glass too. All of their milkshakes are done with what they call 'mylk' which is a new trendy name for nut milk.
There are lots of vegan and even raw options available, the thai soup was my personal favorite. We loved it so much we went back twice. Definitely recommended and again - only 4 stars because it serves some fish options...

Pros: great design, beautiful food, friendly staff

Our favourite restaurant in Bali - Edit

We were told about this restaurant by a fellow traveller. The selection of food was amazing, from seriously healthy to burgers and the like. There was something for everyone (veg, vegan and raw), the atmosphere was lovely, the staff very good and knowledgeable. We would recommend it in a flash.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because it is the highest score I can give a non veg restaurant.

Pros: Amazing food, Beautiful decor, Wonderful location

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clean Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.