Caballete and Berenjena

Carrera 7A, Unit 121 - 09, Bogota, Colombia, 110111

Vegetarian restaurant in the Santa Barbara neighborhood turned vegan in 2015. Located a block west from Carrera 7. Originally founded in 2011 as delivery only and now has a full-fledged restaurant with a large menu including both fast food and proper main dishes. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-4:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-5:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion, Latin American, Colombian

First Review by Tatiwolfe

Problemas de servicio - Edit

El servicio, aunque se esfuerzan los meseros, siempre son muy pocos para tanta gente que frecuenta el sitio, en especial en el festival de la Hamburguesa (conocido festival del sitio) solo dos meseros para un sitio a reventar y con fila de gente esperando. Poca ventilación. Muchos productos no están disponibles. Un servicio malo en general, pero un buen sabor, buenos platos y cuando tienen la carta completa una buena variedad.

Pros: Buen sabor , Amables , sitio bonito

Cons: Mal servicio , No tienen muchas cosas que están en la Carta, Demorado

My second Vegan option if i want the special treatment - Edit

This is my second favorite option after OKI Market here around Usaquen when it comes to Vegan food.

This place is more expansive but there food is so delicious. Every once in a while I come here to have great soup, burgers or Mexican variations... the juice and dessert is top too!

I come here since 3 years and will keep coming hopefully for many years to come...

One of the worst experience - Edit

TLDR: Expensive in relation of the quality and portion, bad service, overrated place
From long time I've been waiting to go there and try what suppose to be one of the best veg restaurants in Bogotá, but it was terrible.
First I wrote an email and a private message in facebook few days in advance saying that there is a birthday.
On the event day I had to do a 20 min line which is was ok, my expectations went even higher, but once we had a sit we have to ask for everything, from "can you clean up the table" to "it's been half an hour, is our food ready?" drinks came after the food, and there where only water or milkshake as drinking options.
Once the food arrived the portion of french fries was really small, the seitan burger looked weird so I took the top part of my burger (there where only burgers on the menu) it was a really small portion of it, it was only half of a regular portion I could say, for price of that burger 2 to 3 times higher that a regular place I expected better.
The experience could had been improved at the end when I was expecting the birthday cake which I reminded one more time to the server minutes before, but NOTHING happen. I couldn't wait more and we left.

Pros: None so far

Cons: 3 times more expensive from other veg places, Bad service, quality and quantity is terrible

Best Vegan Restaurant in Bogota - Edit

I love everything about this restaurant: the cool vegetable paintings on the wall, the amazing service and the fantastic food.

I ordered the polenta with seitan they make on the premises. the best dish I have eaten in Bogota.

Because I loved this dish so much, I decided to order the ravioli off the Italian section.

The soy milk with feijoa fruit was the best drink I have had in Bogota. Smooth, slightly sweet and delightful.

They offer Mexican, Chinese, Italian, and Colombian food veganized.

Do not miss this restaurant if you are in Bogota!

Pros: amazing food, great variety, excellent service

Ok but needs more work to compete - Edit

I like the fact that they proudly advertise themselves as vegans. But the food that we chose was not as great as the other reviews have noted. Perhaps it was our choice. I went for the lentil soup which, although filling, was a bit bland. The tea was a also a bit disappointing as the water was not hot enough for it to really infuse the herbs.

The service was cordial. The price for the lentil soup (which is sort of an entree), a drink, a tea, and a shared dessert was around 26,000COP (around 8.50 USD).

Pros: vegan

Cons: food not great

Wonderful food and setting! - Edit

The food is wonderful and the setting is very cozy and inviting with bright colors and plants around! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Tried their falafel burger, fries, and cheesecake and everything was great! You can tell it is homemade! I will definitely come back to try more from the menu :) It is also very easy to find this place as it is right off of the 7th avenue.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, easy to find

Cons: Wish they were open for dinner more days of the we

Amazing food - Edit

The food is absolutely amazing and the restaurant is very cozy. The prices are very high compared to other places, you'll have to pay more for a standard meal. Nevertheless, it's completely worth it! :)

Pros: Delicious food, Beautiful restaurant

Cons: Pricy compared to other places

Delicious! - Edit

I loved having lunch here! They have so many things to choose from and they all looked so good! I had a Pad Thai that was colorful and delicious. I came with a non-vegan friend, and she loved her Pasta Bolognese and couldn't believe it was vegan. The desserts and smoothies were also great. The portion sizes were good, and the service was friendly but a bit slow. I would still definitely come back!

Pros: Delicious food, Lots of variety

Cons: Slow service

Delicious - Edit

Caballete and Berenjena was so good. I had the spinach ravioli and my lunch companions had a veggie burger. We all left feeling very full and satisfied. The juices were good too. Staff was very nice and welcoming.

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caballete and Berenjena closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.