Caballete and Berenjena

Carrera 7A, Unit 121 - 09, Bogota, Colombia, 110111

Vegetarian restaurant in the Santa Barbara neighborhood turned vegan in 2015. Located a block west from Carrera 7. Originally founded in 2011 as delivery only and now has a full-fledged restaurant with a large menu including both fast food and proper main dishes.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion, Latin American, Colombian

First Review by Tatiwolfe

Ok but needs more work to compete - Edit

I like the fact that they proudly advertise themselves as vegans. But the food that we chose was not as great as the other reviews have noted. Perhaps it was our choice. I went for the lentil soup which, although filling, was a bit bland. The tea was a also a bit disappointing as the water was not hot enough for it to really infuse the herbs.

The service was cordial. The price for the lentil soup (which is sort of an entree), a drink, a tea, and a shared dessert was around 26,000COP (around 8.50 USD).

Pros: vegan

Cons: food not great

Wonderful food and setting! - Edit

The food is wonderful and the setting is very cozy and inviting with bright colors and plants around! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Tried their falafel burger, fries, and cheesecake and everything was great! You can tell it is homemade! I will definitely come back to try more from the menu :) It is also very easy to find this place as it is right off of the 7th avenue.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, easy to find

Cons: Wish they were open for dinner more days of the we

Amazing food - Edit

The food is absolutely amazing and the restaurant is very cozy. The prices are very high compared to other places, you'll have to pay more for a standard meal. Nevertheless, it's completely worth it! :)

Pros: Delicious food, Beautiful restaurant

Cons: Pricy compared to other places

Delicious! - Edit

I loved having lunch here! They have so many things to choose from and they all looked so good! I had a Pad Thai that was colorful and delicious. I came with a non-vegan friend, and she loved her Pasta Bolognese and couldn't believe it was vegan. The desserts and smoothies were also great. The portion sizes were good, and the service was friendly but a bit slow. I would still definitely come back!

Pros: Delicious food, Lots of variety

Cons: Slow service

Delicious - Edit

Caballete and Berenjena was so good. I had the spinach ravioli and my lunch companions had a veggie burger. We all left feeling very full and satisfied. The juices were good too. Staff was very nice and welcoming.

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Caballete and Berenjena closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1221 times since Oct 2013.