Submitting a recipe photo
You can submit your own photos for publication on HappyCow.net. All you need is a digital camera and the ability to
store pictures on your computer. Once you have submitted an image, it will go through a review process and then be
posted if approved.
Before you begin:
- Make sure your photos are in the .jpg photo image file format
- The photo does not exceed 1 MB in size, preferably under 100kb.
Here are some tips to make sure you get the best photo possible:
- Take lots of different shots, and then pick the best one.
- Try different angles (from the side, from eye level, or from above).
- Experiment with the lighting (with flash, without flash, outside, or near a window).
- Fill the shot with the food! Don’t shoot from too far back.
- Use a backdrop to minimize background clutter. A tea towel, cloth napkin, or tablecloth draped over a propped-up serving tray, cutting board, or a cookbook will serve.
If you would like credit for your photo
- Be sure to: include your name on the bottom right corner of the image.
- If you are unable to do this yourself, please include a note in your email to us with the name you want on the photo.
Email your photo to:
After your photo is submitted
Your photo will go through an editorial review process and will be re-sized for display on HappyCow.net.
HappyCow.net cannot publish any images that are protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.