- I am a Chef by profession. I love to create new dishes. I try and convert lot of other recipes into vegetarian ones. I am from southern India and have been in the US for the past 10 years. Happy to be a part of this group. I am in the process of altering all the popular diets recipes available to suit Vegetarian needs. I have started a Vegetarian Catering company to serve the Bay area, CA. Its www.kamakshiskitchen.com
- Veg Status:
- Foster City, CA, USA
- 09 Mar 2007
- Fav Place:
- Everywhere and anywhere I get to feed people!
- Fav Books:
- Atlas Shrugged, Gora, Good house keeping, Stuffed and starved, The Omnivore's dilemma etc......
- Fav Music:
- Carnatic, Old hindi and Tamil movie songs, Country and Pop
- I Admire:
- Actually so many but to name a few, My parents, My Chef instructor (Chef Adam Weiner)
- My Website:
- Last Login:
- 06 Sep 2016
- Profile Views:
Favorite Listings (0)
None reviewed yet.
Uploaded Photos (1) View All
Entries Added to HappyCow (0)
Please ask me to submit some.
More About Me
Reasons why I prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan:
I am a born vegetarian. I feel good eating Vegetarian food. But I have not yet come to point where I am able to become a Vegan.
I joined HappyCow Members Community because:
I came across this site and I thought its nice to be a part of a community were you get to meet people who think alike. I am Chef/Caterer/Culinary instructor and a restaurateur! Our restaurant is KAMAKSHI'S KITCHEN VEGETARIAN INDIAN RESTAURANT at 601 Old County rd, San Carlos, CA 94070. PH.650-401-6564. Open 7 days a week. Sun.&Mon.till lunch;Tue-Sat.-Lunch & dinner.
Here are some places I've been that I liked... and places that I would like to visit one day:
I live in Foster City, CA along with my husband. I love Seattle. They have a lot of Vegetarian and Vegan restaurants. I love lot of places. I can try mentioning a few outside USA are 1. Kerala, India; 2. Liverpool, UK, 3. Scotland, 4. Italy. I would love to go to Greece, Ireland, New Zealand, China, Japan and Thailand.
Some of my favorite veg*n foods include:
I love all vegetables. I strive to make Vegetarian adaptation of all food around the world not with imitation meat or anything but just with good ingredients and veggies. I don't believe in imitation meat or tofu made to taste like meat. I am not a great fan of artificially added flavors and additives.
Here are some books, movies, magazines, and my favorites that I would recommend to other HappyCow members:
Love all programs, TV shows and books related to cooking. I love magazines like Good housekeeping, Vegetarian times, Veggie life, etc. Love books like Atlas Shrugged, Roots, Da Vinci Code, Angels and demons, Gora by Ravindranath Tagore, works by Mark Twain etc. I am a major movie buff and can't think of life without Netflix.
No comments yet.
All images used on this site are user uploaded, obtained through what is believed to be not subject to copyright, or by Creative Commons usage. If your image was used without permission, please contact us.