HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Wisdom & Spirituality

Wisdom Forum

I am vegetarian only since 6 months, since I did my Yoga Teacher Training course last summer. People already looked strange at me for using all of my vacation days on a yoga teacher training course. When I came back and told people I don't eat meat anymore, they looked at me like I have been brainwashed. People seem to have difficulties with spirituality, respect for nature, awareness, etc. I try not to let it bother me, but still, getting comments all the time is not nice.. Does anyone else have this problem?

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 03/02/15 05:59:27

While Hindu and Jain cultures advise against consumption of flesh for ethical reasons, many still use dairy products.

I fully understand the place of the cow in Hinduism, but in today's world, the vast majority of cows are not treated with and respect or compassion. In fact the modern dairy industry involves extreme cruelty to cows and calves.

Many Hindus and Jains are now becoming vegan as well as vegetarian.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Edna F at 05/26/15 00:48:18

We all face almost similar responses when we become vegetarian or vegan.So don't worry, people will start to take it as a normal thing with the time.

• Report Abuse

Posted by eyeofasoul at 08/25/15 18:27:17

You're not brain washed you in the beginning stages of enlightenment there are many different practices or even reasons that can trigger this in the human being. Just don't fall into any non sense have an open mind but keep only positive aspects of the teachings, your heart will allow you to do this. The truly enlightened human being is of great beneficence towards this world. Hopefully you will become one of them!

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now