Community: Forum: Wisdom & Spirituality

Wisdom Forum

Is someone interested in Bhagavad Gita?

Responses (12)

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 02/13/09 05:52:10

"When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous." - Albert Einstein

I picked up my first copy 2nd hand when I was a teenager.

This edition translated & explained by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada - here it is for free - http://www.easyfreeware.com/bhagavad_gita_as_it_is__ebook_-27213-freeware.html

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mir at 02/13/09 21:29:54

I read it - translated by several scholars/authors...great book.

• Report Abuse

Posted by meenakshiamman at 02/19/09 01:26:49

Yes, I keep a copy on my bed-side table and when I feel down I open it and read random passages.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Kiran at 03/07/09 06:51:55

I re-read this one often (it sits on the nightstand) and always learn something new.

Johnny, that's a nice quote! Thanks!

Namaste,

Kiran

• Report Abuse

Posted by New2Veg at 05/11/09 20:51:17

Thank you Johnny for the website.

• Report Abuse

Posted by paulinefromfulham at 07/08/09 11:50:31

I have srimad Bhagavatam but i have not read it not sure if i will understand it. But i will always keep it and i love it as i know it is a good book

• Report Abuse

Posted by Trauma at 10/30/09 11:53:52

One must be a vegetarian before he can grasp the true meaning of The Bhagavad Gita. It is a case of self-realisations. Realizing the "self" exist in all living things.
    Jai Srila Prabhupada !

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mothergoose at 01/18/10 19:00:51

I love the Bhagavad Gita. I did yoga for years and really enjoy the teachings.

• Report Abuse

Posted by coolkrishnan at 01/31/10 01:11:20

I wonder if any of you faced this dilemma like I did -

"There are hundreds of books on Bhagavad Gita available today. How do I pick a book that suits my philosophical taste ?"

I have summarized my thoughts and ideas on how to go about this in my new Bhagavad Gita blog: bhagavad-gita-soul.blogspot.com

• Report Abuse

Posted by groovychick at 03/30/13 11:40:18

I am currently reading it and I totally dig it man! I bring it with me everywhere I go and read it everyday. That should be required reading for all people.

• Report Abuse

Posted by cyd at 07/24/14 17:44:12

Hare krishna Hari Bol.

My Favorite of all the Translations of the Gita is The Bhagavad Gita as it is By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. I have read a few other translation but this one just has a way of touching the heart.

• Report Abuse

Posted by The Hammer at 07/26/14 02:01:55

"When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous." - Albert Einstein

nice typical bogus quote that you can find on a zillion Gita websites to promote Hinduism but lacks a source.

And Einstein also wasn't a vegetarian, except MAYBE for the last year of his life.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support