Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

The University of Iowa, Department of Communication Studies is conducting a research study on vegan identity. Participants must identify as a vegan and be 18 years old or older.

Individuals who would like to participate in the study will schedule a phone-based appointment to review consent information for the study. If you agree to be in the study, you will participate in an interview that will last approximately 20-60 minutes. Compensation is provided.

For more information, please contact Christina Paxman at Christina-paxman@uiowa.edu.

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 03/13/15 07:48:43

This study sounds absolutely fascinating. From her website, it states, "Christina’s research explores how people communicate about their diet as it pertains to their health and personal identity. Her dissertation examines how vegans communicatively manage their identity and what communication challenges, if any, they experience."

I encourage everyone to participate.

Christina, I think I speak for the most of the Happy Cow community when I say we would very much like to learn the results of your studies. Please do make a point to come back to Happy Cow and share your knowledge with us. And last but not least, welcome to Happy Cow!

More about Christina here:
    http://clas.uiowa.edu/commstudies/people/christina-paxman

• Report Abuse

Posted by VeganResearch at 03/28/15 11:01:59

Thanks for your response and encouragement! This project is for my dissertation and I deeply appreciate the opportunity to recruit and talk to as many vegans as possible!

I am happy to share to results of this project once it's complete, and I believe that the communicative experiences of vegans will make a great contribution to the fields of Food Studies and Food Communication.

Everyone is welcome to email me with questions or comments.

Sincerely, Christina Paxman
    christina-paxman@uiowa.edu

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support