HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Noticed the link that took me to Amazon books.

Will we ever have a vegan President?

Dennis Kucinich is a vegan. He was ridiculed and declared "unelectable" because he is too short and once reported seeing a UFO (not a "flying saucer"!). Sadly, a vegan, pro-union, pro-environment, anti-war person will not likely ever be seriously considered by the establishment as a Presidential candidate...

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 01/19/15 12:03:04

Never say never! I think it's just a matter of time.

New Jersey Senator Cory Booker is vegan! He is extremely popular, charismatic and well liked. I think he'd be an awesome president. Maybe our first vegan president will be Cory Booker! http://articles.philly.com/2014-12-12/news/56959950_1_vegan-cory-booker-vegetarian

• Report Abuse

Posted by colgwilliams at 01/20/15 04:33:59

Wasn't that long ago that a black president would have been unthinkable.

Vegetarian and vegan numbers are constantly rising so I would concur that it's just a matter of time.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 01/20/15 08:32:51

happycowgirl-

Booker appeared last nigh on the first episode of "The Nightly Show" that just replaced "The Colbert Report" at 11:30 (EST) on Comedy Central.

He said he had no interest in becoming President, but he said it with a wry smile! Who knows?

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 01/20/15 14:52:25

Cool, ahimsa. Cant wait to watch it!

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 02/28/15 14:04:36

I'm totally hooked on The Nightly Show now. I love when he throws the "weak tea" bags at ppl. LOL!

I hope Colbert keeps it real when he takes over for David Letterman. If he just does a regular talk show interviewing celebrities it'll seem like such a waste of a gifted progressive mind. IMHO.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 03/01/15 06:11:51

We lost Colbert and we're losing John Stewart, - at least their successful shows.

The worst news this week was the cancellation of "Breaking the Set" on Rt. Abby Martin was almost uniquely courageous in her outspoken criticism of the ruling class during her three years as host of BTS. She was not afraid to tackle any issue including the suffering of non-human animals in factory farming, research labs, etc. She will be sorely missed, though her past shows can still be seen on Youtube and her Facebook page.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now