Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Author Avatar
Hello everyone!

I have been plant-based for 3 months, and as close to raw as possible (roughly 90%) for 1 month. I have lost about 40 pounds since going plant-based. And I am very close to my goal, but I don't want to stunt my progress now that I am no close. HOWEVER...

I have been craving certain things that I was not eating before. I ate avocados, but now I want MORE avocados. Also, been craving dates so I incorporated them into my diet as well. Other than this, my diet is comprised almost exclusively of fruit - bananas, citrus, berries, etc.

I am wondering if incorporating higher amounts of these foods will hinder my progress rather than help it. Does anyone have any testimonials to share about eating these dense foods in large quantities?

I ate a lot of nuts, seeds, avocado and coconut during this period and still lost a tremendous amount of weight. Which made me question the advice to eat these foods in moderation. So, if my diet is almost entirely raw with literally NO processed foods, can I continue eating high amounts of these "wary" foods/fruits?

Any advice or guidance anyone can offer is greatly appreciated!

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Unnamed Narrator at 05/15/15 11:09:18

What are your activity levels like?

if you are getting 30 minutes of exercise / day and eating what you describe, you will not acquire any new bodyfat.

I have a question for you: why are you concentrated on weight? If I have any advice for you it is to get off the scale and focus on how you feel. Consider other measurables such as "how often am I over eating?" .. " how many push ups can I do?" ... " How have my emotional swings reduced (or increased)?"

The scale lies:

You can be gaining weight (muscle) and becoming healthier at the same time.

Conversely, you can be losing weight (losing muscle mass and gaining fat) yet growing less healthy at the same time.

My only advice to you is to get off the scale and keep up the great work!

Best

Unnamed.

• Report Abuse

Posted by RacquelJean-Louis at 07/22/15 16:11:44

I have had a hard time with the raw vegan lifestyle!! i do a vlog about it please check it out and let me know what I do https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUaZSJxrdz0LQXFuvNv0LiA

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support