Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

The Coven Cafe, Wigan are shortly opening a vegan and veggie deli, also in Wigan.

http://www.thecoven.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154:the-coven-update&catid=16:news

'On April 13th we'll be opening a new veggie/vegan deli on Hallgate in Wigan. Branded, The Coven Delicatessen, this shop will focus more on take-out with a few tables rather than eat in which is how the Wallgate venue will remain.

Eventually be hope to have a small 'Italian roof-terrace' style area for eating outside - we'll let you know when thats ready.

The great thing about this new development is that it gives us a much bigger kitchen. Many of you will know how small the kitchen is in The Coven on Wallgate - it manages to service the existi8ng customers but has no capacity for making the ready-meals and baked products that we are now doing. The kitchen in the deli will solve this - we've already installed a large commercial baking oven and will spend next week de-toxing the place (it currently serves meat-based products) so that its safe for veggie/vegan food preparation.

The new kitchen will be able to deliver higher quantities of all our great food. We'll be exploring getting the vegan/gluten-free cakes into many more venues around the area - including fitness clubs and health centres as they have all the 'treat' qualities without the lactose/fat/cholesterol and gluten!

We also plan to offer a delivery service to local business and retail premises - there will be a new phone number to phone in orders and, later, a website service to place orders through.

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Jemima at 05/12/10 03:08:09

Go, The Coven at Wigan!! I went right by there on my way through further north and was really thinking of taking a break to check it out. Wish I had! Wishing success for it :)

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support