HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I don't eat out a lot because I tend to have problems finding good places to eat vegetarian choices, however I had to go to a little get together at McAllister's Deli last night. I was really surprised that they have some decent options! I got a yummy veggie potato (without cheese) and veggie chili!

Just wanted to pass on to those who are interested

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by alblaster at 08/02/09 12:51:52

lol. My name is Allister

• Report Abuse

Posted by SynthVegan at 08/03/09 10:31:22

Yes McAllister's in one of my favorite chains! I moved last year and Chicago doesn't have them Chicago yet.

The Just a Spud (I brought my own vegan butter in a zip lock bag) and Veggie Chili is excatly what I order there. I love their food!

Since you don't eat out much, you may want to try Noodles & Company (another chain that has good Vegan options). I love the Bangkok Curry and the Indonesian Peanut Sauté. Take care!

• Report Abuse

Posted by SynthVegan at 08/03/09 10:34:16

*Sorry put Chicago in there twice, should have read:
    I moved last year and Chicago doesn't have them yet.

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 08/03/09 12:32:41

Noodles & Co? C'mon. They are not vegan-friendly and clearly state they do not promise isolated cooking or that they don't cross-contaminate, ie, they don't give a damn. From their own website on allergies (where a lot of food info RE veganism can be found FYI for future reference):

"Got Allergies?
    Food allergies, dietary restrictions, or preferences? Please let us know.

We'll try hard to accommodate your needs, but please consider that we do have the Big Eight (milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy and wheat) in our restaurant and we can't guarantee the absence of cross contact. In addition, because we offer so many unique flavors, not every ingredient we use is listed in our menu descriptions. At Noodles & Company, we offer many ways to customize your dish, including vegetarian options (which we define as including eggs, all cheeses and dairy products). Please feel free to let us know how we can best serve you. Got questions? Contact us through our feedback form."

Cool to word up a friendly type place, but a chain that has nothing good (at least they admit it). When I was in the area of one, it is my nephews fave place, they told me nothin for vegans.... FYI

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now