Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Looking for a live-in vegan cook/housekeeper. I live with my husband and 20 rescued dogs and cats on the island of St. Croix in the warm, sunny USVI.
We have a spare room with private bath available for someone to live in, in exchange for daily help around here (SunDogHouse.com). We are both massage therapists (Beach Massage & Bodywork Delivered is our business). Our property has lots of tropical fruits trees and flowers and a small private pool to cool off in. References absolutely required.

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 12/24/14 16:03:18

Thanks for posting here. Sounds like a great opportunity.

Do you also offer volunteer vacations? For example, maybe someone could clean, scoop litter boxes, walk dogs or whatever you need help with for 3 or so hours a day in exchange for a free place to stay on vacation. I'd think working 3 hours a day would still leave someone with plenty of time each day to explore the island. Might be a win-win! : )

• Report Abuse

Posted by TerryCSTX at 12/25/14 06:01:23

Thanks for your thoughts, Happy CowGirl. We only have one small room and it's just too much trouble to have the turnover. We've been trying to rent it out on a short-term basis, but it's really inconsistent. I'd like to have someone that I can depend on on a daily basis - At least for a couple of months during our busy season (tourists get beach massages when they come to the warmer climes in wintertime). :)