HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

What an inspiring adventure. I have never seen a place this cool. A gas station at the I-5 exit for South Eugene (OR) has ,along with regular gas, bio-fuels, dry goods like Kettle Chips and other vegan snacks, as well as a coffee bar with (some) vegan local baked goods and OG Coffee. They had all the local foods that would b e good road food. They have solar panels over their gas tanks that do half their energy. Their roof has plants on it. Very clean. Nice spot and a definite pace to stop if needing gas anytime on I-5.

I hope this is a glimpse of the future.

Oh yeah, the name is SeQuential just off the I-5 exit for South Eugene (188?) (in Oregon), which is two exits north of Hwy 58. Inspiring. I'll look for their address and such to post.

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 03/31/09 20:57:41

Nice post!

Here is their page - http://www.sqbiofuels.com/locations.htm#eugene

seQuential's Biofueling retail station
    86714 McVay Hwy
    Eugene,
    OR 97405
    (541) 736-5864

Open every day
    6:00am-9:00pm

Cash/Check/Credit

........baskets of organic plums, peaches, nectarines, etc--and an espresso bar that sells tasty looking desserts and pastries...........

A blog about the project - http://claytonbodiecornell.greenoptions.com/2007/02/14/eugenes-green-biofuel-station/

• Report Abuse

Posted by Kiran at 04/01/09 05:08:53

How cool is that? Now I know where to gas up and grab a snack next time I pass though Eugene.

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 04/02/09 17:10:57

I felt a profound shift within when I stepped inside. I went in just to poke around but had no idea. Long road trips I am generally stoked to see anything considered vegan. This place was so cool it blew me away. I hope anyone interested in inspiring green businesses will stop and check it out!

• Report Abuse

Posted by KatAutumn at 04/05/09 22:26:12

That is so cool! I don't think we have anything like that around here :( I looked at some pictures online and how cool is it that their soda fountain dispenses Blue Sky colas?! I wish we'd get one in our area.

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 04/07/09 12:10:48

You know I meant to mention the Blue Sky on tap for everyone and totally forgot about it. The place is so cool I did forget all about a few specifics. I don't drink soda regularly either though, but maybe I'd try it from a tap like that. Is soda better from the tap like beer? Anyhow they also have really good beer there too, but not on tap.

I hope these guys do well and might submit it for HF section in Eugene. I know it is not a trad'l HF store but how cool is a HF convenience store?!!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 04/07/09 12:15:34

http://www.sqbiofuels.com/retail.htm is for the place in Eugene, you can link to the convenience store from there.

You can also link to the other locations by clicking 'home'. As this is my first visit, I don't know if the others have a store like this one inside, but poke around!

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now