Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Dave Warwak, Fired Vegan Teacher Tells His Story on Wake Up America, this Monday!!
Monday, Oct 29th, 2007
9:00 AM Pacific Time - Live at www.globaltalkradio.com

Dave Warwak, an Illinois tenured art teacher for some 10 years, was recently fired for his vegan views. Dave has managed to bring his case to national awareness through appeals and his use of the internet. Dave sees the urgent need to reform American education to include Humane Education coupled with a Vegan school lunch program. "Two simple changes and we end school shootings, heal the earth, and solve most of societies ills. These ideas were born in response to students torturing frogs down by the river. I wanted to instill in my students a high level of respect, responsibility, and love for all life. When the administrators prevented me at every step of the way, it became obvious; this was a well-protected killing machine. It also became obvious, this is the un-written history of our world!" Dave has a book coming out in a few weeks, "Peep Show for Children Only" and is taking his message to the road. Dave has a Bachelors of Science in Education and a Masters of Art in painting. An accomplished artist, Dave is donating his entire art collection to the Animal Rights movement and has vowed on giving all of himself as well.

Dave is Waking Up America - don't miss this show.

With love for the animals,
Tina Volpe

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by pekmez at 10/30/07 21:18:02

Good man.

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 04/13/08 07:58:05

Dave Warwak is in the news again this weekend - listen to his discussion with Tina - http://www.globaltalkradio.com/ondemand/shows/wakeupamerica/2007Oct29/index.asx

He talks a whole lot of sense!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    http://newsblaze.com/story/20080412080534tsop.nb/newsblaze/TOPSTORY/Top-Stories.html

Art Teacher All Fired Up

12th April 2008

Hearings begin Monday for the middle school art teacher who was fired last September for bringing vegan themes to his art projects.

Dave Warwak, a tenured teacher of 10 years appealed his termination last fall. Warwak warned the school board, "the more you try to silence me, the louder I will get"

Over 30 witnesses were issued subpoenas, including students, parents, and school board members. Most notably, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., author of "The China Study" and Nathan Runkle of Mercy for Animals will be offering expert witness testimony on Warwak's behalf on Thursday as to the benefits of a vegan school lunch and humane education.

The hearing is scheduled to run through the end of the week, 9-5 each day at the town's village hall. The hearing officer, Barry Simon has closed the hearing to the public. Fearing reporters outside the village hall, Simon warned he will move the proceedings to the school if he sees anyone from the press.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support