Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I saw this on Yahoo! today. At least it's a start.

news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080505/sc_livescience/howtofightglobalwarmingatdinner

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 05/06/08 10:32:00

I agree, at least it's a start. Not what we'd like to see, but at least moving in the right direction. It kills me to see all these TV programs advocating "going green" by changing your light bulbs and cars and driving less, but none of them talk about the massive environmental damage caused by meat production.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Chia at 05/07/08 20:45:28

Finally, some people in the environmental movement are recognizing and acknowleging the fact that eating meat contributes to global warming, more so than driving cars!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Katylynn2000 at 05/08/08 07:45:01

Okay, I can say that it is a step in the right direction… but pushing for the confinement of chicken/hen farms isn't my idea of a great story. Of course that is not what the article's intent was but that is all I could read between the lines. I love that the global warming is finally getting some attention by way of animal flesh production!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Jtread at 06/13/08 11:40:56

There is an excellent petition about this issue sponsored by Catskill Animal Sanctuary in New York. It's called the Declaration of Compassion, and it looks like the Declaration of Independence, but it covers the environmental and human health abuses committed by the meat industry, in addition to the animal abuse. It's at www.CASanctuary.org if you want to add your signature

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support