Posted by JohnnySensible at 03/07/16 18:57:48Hello Laura,
Here are my responses.
1. At what age did you decide to obtain the vegan lifestyle?
I decided when I was 23 - in 1983 - but I kept lapsing with cheese. It took a few years to fully resolve to leave cheese 100%.
2. Do you completely subside animal products e.g.; makeup, toiletries and clothing or just food?
Avoiding animal cruelty - working to reduce animal suffering - plus food & toiletries. I still have a few old items of clothing made from animal fibers.
3. What does being vegan mean to you?
Animals suffer less.
4. Do you find being vegan to be challenging?
No - not at all. I can always find fruits, nuts, vegetables & grains. I never need to harm animals.
5. How expensive can it be to successfully live the vegan lifestyle?
It is your choice - it can be very cheap - or, if you like expensive items........
6. Where is the go to place to buy vegan products?
No particular place. I buy almost everything, apart from fresh food, online.
7. How do you get enough iron, protein and vitamins as a vegan?
So easy - I eat a balanced diet.
8. What are the nutritional benefits for you?
Cannot answer this one. Don't really know. I feel fine on my diet.
9. Do you feel that you’re healthier in the long run?
Yes - my friends are becoming 'blocked up' - heart problems - kidney problems etc., I am not.
10. I want to become vegan; how could I learn to love vegetable dishes?
Cannot answer this one. My focus is avoiding cruelty to chickens, cows etc.
11. If any, what do you feel the negatives of living the vegan lifestyle is?
There are a good % of very strange vegans. There are some cult leaders who incorporate veganism into their 'teachings'. Interfacing with their followers is never pleasant.
12. Also, what are the positives?
#1) No guilt about hurting / torturing / killing animals.
#2) Having a body which is not blocked up with animal waste products / animal cholesterol / animal fat / animal antibiotics / animal growth hormones / etc.
#3) Better skin.
#4) Pleasant body odor.
#5) Fast elimination of waste - regular toilet visits.