Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

This could have been viewed by hundreds of millions of people this morning!

I caught it as I was eating apples & getting ready for work this morning!

A nice surprise!

Video & article - http://english.cctv.com/program/newshour/20100121/103665.shtml

Extract -

+ Look, smell, and taste. A vegetarian diet does not mean deprivation. But still, there needs to be a reason. Religious beliefs, health, animal protection, and saving the planet. This is why Lu Shi has been a strict vegetarian for thirteen years.

Lu Shi, a vegetarian, said, "The ancient Chinese believed when heaven is about to place a great responsibility on a great man, it always first frustrates his spirit and will, and exposes him to starvation. This is exactly how I felt when I started. But now I'm good. My vegetarian friends are happy to know what they eat can affect the climate. There are not many, but we stick to it and try to tell others that this is for a good cause." +

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by batski at 02/16/10 10:59:19

This is great! Let's hop the Chinese get wiser sooner than the Western world has.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Earthling at 04/30/10 07:52:56

1st thanks for the video link & concern.
    It is the media to misguide & big groups who manipulate or entice common people thus misguide. erlier chinese had more veg diet & now in several cities u will find several veg restaurant. Finaly i have also observed people loose conscious or ignorant due to poverty (helpless) or over rich ( ego, proud).

Metta ~ Peace, Light, Joy for all beings

• Report Abuse

Posted by Peace ... at 05/06/10 19:36:36

Great to see this. Sharing of such good info can be real inspiring to the World on Veg*nism.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support