Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Ever since I became vegan,I've been burning up Google with finding vegan/organic products. To be honest,i never thought I'd ever become a vegan because I loved meat so much. I'm a lot happier and compassionate now that I'm vegan.

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by AmybethHurst at 08/14/14 06:09:35

Me too. I'm new to it, but I know that I'll feel better. Thank you for sharing. Amybeth Hurst, Portland, ME

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 08/14/14 08:05:40

When I was young (a very long time ago!), my favorite foods were cheeseburgers and bologna, cheese and lettuce sandwiches! I even worked at McDonald's for a year!!

Giving up all flesh in '75 and all dairy in '85, were the smartest and most rewarding things I've ever done!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 08/16/14 16:33:48

I have only been vegan a short time too. I have been vegan for 14 years and vegetarian for 16 years. I meet people all the time who are third, fourth and fifth generation vegans who have never known meat. I feel happier, healthier and am amazed at how many wonderful life opportunities have opened to me through a vegan life style. I have learned meditation, traveled throughout Asia where vegan food is abundant and have made lots of friends. I love the many restaurants, the compassion that grows daily in my heart and the wisdom to try things like vegan medical herbs to improve general health. I take vegan vitamin D3 every day, use nutritional yeast on food for my B complex and occasionally have some Spirulina in a snack to complete the amino acids I require. I have strength, insight and stamina. I recommend this enlightened way of being to everyone.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support