Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

My mother, husband and I will be staying in Atlanta, Georgia for two weeks next summer and I am wondering if there are any restaurants we should NOT miss while we are there. Or should I just plan on doing a lot of food prep during my vacation... :(
Thanks

Responses (5)

• Report Abuse

Posted by veganinvegas at 12/27/09 12:02:30

I went to the 'R Thomas' restaurant about 3 years ago. It was fantabulous. Fresh juices, smoothies, lots of veg options (where else do you find 4 or 5 kinds of "sea vegetables" listed under "veggie sides"?)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Chia at 12/28/09 20:28:43

Hi Stampinggirl. Be sure to read all the reviews posted by HappyCow users for Atlanta and the nearby cities. Good luck.

• Report Abuse

Posted by webmaster at 12/28/09 20:30:27

Hi Stampingirl,

HappyCow lists a bunch of places:
    http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/georgia/atlanta/

If you sort by highest rated, it looks like "Green Sprout" is the place to go (though not fully vegan it is mostly vegan). Lov'n It Live is also nearby and has good reviews.
    Distance search:
    http://www.happycow.net/disp_results_address.php?sortOrder=rating&lat=33.7489954&lon=-84.3879824&distance=10
    Be sure to write your own reviews after trying these places!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Stampingirl at 01/01/10 08:59:26

Thanks so much, you guys! We live a little too far out in the country so we still have dial-up and I've spent HOURS looking at posts trying to decide which restaurants to research - unfortunately, each one I look up is a serious commitment of time...
    I will definitely check out R Thomas and Green Sprout. I didn't have those on my list so I really appreciate your help!!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by copperheadchef at 01/01/10 18:14:06

Right up from R Thomas (which I believe has been out of business for several months, is Sunflower Cafe. In addition to the one in Buckhead. there is one in Dunwoody.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support