Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

Hi everyone!

I attended the Phuket Vegetarian festival a few years ago and absolutely loved it - so much great food.

This year I'm planning to be in Thailand while the vegetarian festival is on again (YAY!) Has anyone experienced the vegetarian festival in Bangkok? Just wondering how it compares to Phuket?

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ChoyYuen at 04/09/18 17:28:31

Hi noodletoboggan, I have attended the vegetarian festival in Hatyai from 19th to 28th October last year. It was an unforgettable experience. It's like heaven on earth. There were so many delicious Thai snacks and desserts, vegan Thai laksa, vegan coconut ice cream, vegan sushi, etc. During the 10 days festival, 7-11 stores sell many types of nice vegan breads. I actually didn't know and didn't plan to attend the vegetarian festival. I saw the vegetarian festival banner while I was in Hatyai for holiday. The venue was just along the main street of the hotel which I stayed. Btw, Thai water festival (loy krathong) falls in early November. After the vegetarian festival, I attended the water festival. It was a great experience. I have been to Bangkok and Phuket for holiday. But if I ever attend the vegetarian festival again, I will still choose to go Hatyai.

Sharing from Choy Yuen

• Report Abuse

Posted by GeoffStamp at 04/12/18 23:54:50

The festival is celebrated where ever there is a large chinese community. So Bangkok, is good and also Chiang Mai, in the north. 95% of Thai are buddhist and respect the 9 day celebration which is largely vegan. You can also get to visit an elelphant sanctuary, not to be missed!! Check out this tour: www.veganonthemap.com/TRAVEL/world/asia/thailand/tours/th-north

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support