Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

I was a bit disappointed to see that Glasgow does not appear in the list of vegan friendly cities. We have at least 6 totally vegan cafes and various vegetarian eateries that have good vegan alternatives. It's certainly one of the best cities for vegans in Europe I would say.

Responses (5)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Cascadian at 12/04/12 13:20:46

I'd love to visit Scotland! I'd also love to see more folks sharing their reviews of, thoughts on & tips about the cities, towns & other places where they live & visit!

David, What are some of the other great places for vegans in Europe for that you've been to?

Personally, I am pretty spoiled as I already live in what is probably the most vegan-friendly city yet: Portland, Oregon, USA! If that wasn't enough, most of the main competitors for this honor are nearby & the whole region tends to be very vegan friendly.

So come visit us soon! :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by craigmc at 11/30/12 15:20:55

Hey David, good call.
    Maybe it's because grass roots started selling meat, boo hiss.
    Having lived in Glasgow I miss much of it, but I do think in Bann's and kalpna Edinburgh has the finer places.
    But Glasgow smile's better overall.

• Report Abuse

Posted by DIN8 at 03/25/14 04:04:58

Time to put this back on the table... :)

Glasgow has been named most vegan-friendly city in the UK by Peta and has been voted 3rd best city to live in for veggies and vegans by VegfestUK in 2013.

I love the vegan places in Glasgow, especially Saramago, Stereo and The 78.

Glasgow is really a great city - not only for vegans. Can't wait to be back there.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Cascadian at 03/25/14 09:12:08

Thanks DIN8!

Can you please share a link to those ratings by PETA & VegFest UK?

Also does anyone know of other good vegan-friendly place ratings for other countries in Europe, Europe as a whole and/or elsewhere in the world? I'm particularly interested in seeing people opinions on smaller cities and towns or at least ratings that consider population as a factor. Obviously London, England will have more veg-places overall than say Glasgow, Scotland but proportionately Glasgow may actually be more vegan-friendly. Thoughts & suggestions please! :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by DIN8 at 03/27/14 04:44:56

Hi Cascadian,
    here are the links:

VegfestUK - Results 2013:

Article in the Guardian:

Frankfurt (Main) in Germany has become more and more vegan friendly in the past two years with some vegan restaurants and cafés and a vegan supermarket.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support