Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Hello all!
I am attempting to go and maintain veganism for the 3rd time now. I've also tried vegetarian, but I end up eating nothing but eggs and cheese.
I am a former bikini competitor, which is the feminine realm of body building. As such, I basically brain washed myself into following IIFYM and counting my protein/carbs/fats CONSTANTLY. I don't know how to get out of this, but I want to make a change. Has anyone else here switched to veganism and still maintained the lean, toned look? I don't know how. Everytime I've tried I end up looking "fluffy" and losing strength and endurance. However, for ethical and health reasons, it is very important to me to practice and plant based diet. Thank you in advance

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 02/08/16 13:49:27

I am not a big wiz on exercise. But I know that you have to make sure your nutrients are complete, including your protein intake, which you can get from a plant based diet. There are many athletes, boxers, body builders who are vegan and still have their strength and endurance. I am not an athlete, but I have been vegan for almost four years now, and I don't look, "fluffy".

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 02/09/16 05:36:41

brandywallaby-

It's not just what you eat, but how much.

Don't be fooled by numbers. For several generations now, the dairy industry has been conning the public into buying "low-fat" or "skim" milk. They do this by measuring fat by weight, rather than by calories. John Robbins exposed this trick almost thirty years ago in "Diet For a New America".

Both eggs and milk products are high in fat. And of course, those industries involve tremendous suffering for its victims.

• Report Abuse

Posted by PatsyMartin at 02/11/16 04:26:10

Yes, I,m also the vegan and fit too. Just want to suggest you that go for the programme fitness which will help you in all manner because it is based on the strength of the particular person.
    Just have a look for you strength and health from www.cellublue.com/fr/wonder_body_guide.php

• Report Abuse

Posted by Robinwomb at 02/12/16 19:35:49

I am far more fit and lean as a vegan now in my 40s (five years vegan now) than I was as an omnivore in my twenties and early thirties. Carbs are my friend!

Have you looked at the site "Vegan Body Building and Fitness"? There are some awesome stories on there and some pretty lean muscular vegans. Check out the profiles tab on that site to get an idea.

Report Abuse

Posted by gabriocco at 02/13/16 13:13:21

I'm a vegan and slender. I work out every day but the amount and intensity varies. The way I stay fit is by only counting calories and eating a small amount of carbs and fruit every day. I see carbs and fruit as dessert or snacks but my main meals generally consist of veggies so soups, stews, salads etc

Try counting calories, remember that soya alternatives are still carbs and you should be fine x

• Report Abuse

Posted by La_diavolo at 02/14/16 04:48:12

It took me 3 months till I became a completely vegetarian.I am fit and healthy food helps me too.I work out everyday in the same time 7 AM and this is how I shape my body :).
    Wish you success in becoming vegan.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support