Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Hi everyone! I'm 31 and have been a vegetarian most of my life and the past month or so have been going into a vegan lifestyle. I have always been conscious of what I put into my body and buying things that no animal had to die for. But my question is what to do you do in regards to medication for pain?

For the past year I have had bad sciatica pain and it's only gotten worse. I had a horrible flare up a few nights ago which felt like my entire leg just seized up in pain and nothing would relieve it, it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I was screaming crying in agony and my husband wanted to take me to the emergency room but I couldn't bare the thought of moving. Doctors just keep giving me different meds and I HATE taking meds, just putting them into my body constantly just made me cringe.
But I've had moments I was so desperate I've had to and even they don't help hardly.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Was there anything naturally that helped you? Nothing seems to help me and this is seriously affecting my quality of life. I'm only 31! Thank you in advance.

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by cr623 at 01/25/17 02:14:18

** Sorry for all the typos, it's 2 am where I am. Hope you got the drift!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Nicolereel at 03/09/17 10:47:36

Sciatica pain is mainly caused when certain nerve becomes pinched in the lower spine and it causes severe pain. Sometimes this pain also catches your whole leg, so it is better to take prevention before the pain increases.
    1. Chiropractor Spinal Adjustments
    2. Yoga and Stretching
    3. Acupuncture and Massage Therapy
    4. Avoid Sitting for Long Periods, Get Moving.

All the best friends...

• Report Abuse

Posted by Hootinthehouse at 08/11/17 17:24:49

Go to amazon and buy "Healing Back Pain" by Dr. John Sarno. It might just save your life as it did mine.

Let me know if you have any questions. It's $7, but might save you from a lifetime of pain and buying drugs and products to "heal" your pain. It paid off for me in about a second.

I'm happy to help if you have any questions,

James

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 08/11/17 20:44:28

The spice, Tumeric is good for pain, but is temporary relief. The concentrated liquid form is very strong & bitter. I have really found 2 things that really help me with sciatica pain: 1) deep tissue massage (therapeutic massage). Find a good massage therapist and you will get relief. No fru-fru massages. Those are nice at the spa. But if you want real relief, have the massage therapist do deep tissue massage. They dig into your back and legs, and move the bound up muscles and this also releases a lot of toxins (drink plenty of water after the massage & take epsom salts bath to flush toxins out or they will settle back into your body). The periformis muscle is on each side of your back, just below the ribs. This muscle is connected all the way down your legs. I learned this from my massage therapist. This is what was causing me severe sciatica pain. The muscles are all connected, but the therapist has to go to the root of the problem--the periformis and then work down through the glut muscles down to the leg. Once you get relief, it takes a lot of mental and physical stress and frustration away, and one is more balanced and at peace.

2) Take relaxing Epsom salts bath to relax the muscles in your body. I do body cleansing meditations and go through each of the 7 chakras, and clear out the toxins (physical and mental). A lot of times, it's the root chakra (survival or base) or your solar plexus chakra (stomach area to the lower back)--the powerhouse of the body. Also, I use healing and protection stones (jasper, lapis lazuli, jade, obsidian). I tell people, try it. Do what works for you. You will feel a lot better and more at peace and energized.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support