HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

I've had multiple food allergies since birth, such as wheat, dairy, corn, oat, chia seeds, macadamia nut, hazelnut, peanut, coconut, apple, pumpkin, pepper, tomato and food dye. I went anaphylactic from being in the same room as peanuts and from mango shampoo. They were not just food sensitivities,but life threatening food allergies.

Although I went vegan to boycott the meat and dairy industry, I also heard that veganism can reverse food allergies. I have to admit that I did not believe that this was true, but I gave it a try anyways.

I went to the allergist on Tuesday to retest some of my allergy foods. I was in shock to come back negative to apple, coconut, chia seeds, pumpkin, hazel nut and mango and I can also be in the same room as peanuts now! Mango?! I went anaphylactic to mango when I was little. I am happy to say that I tried mango and coconut yesterday and I felt perfectly fine. Oh boy, all the great foods I've been missing out on all these years.

The allergist told me that he has never seen me this healthy. My eczema is completely gone and my digestive track is starting to function better. I was astounded when he said that he believes that the vegan lifestyle really helped me. He thinks that in going vegan, my body detoxed. The detoxification rebooted my body systems, so that they are not as sensitive. He says that there is hope to grow out of a few more of my allergies in the future!

Responses (0)

No response yet.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now