Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Hi! I've been searching for a vegan protein powder to add to my diet and I just can't stand any of the ones I've tried! Weird part is I'm the type of person to eat not so tasty food just not to waste it, I can really tolerate bad taste, but these had me gagging! I tried three different types of Garden of Life, and a rice protein powder and all were equally disgusting to me! Issue is that's all i found locally in packet form and I really don't want to buy a large container unless I'm positive it tastes good :\ It doesn't have to taste like ice cream but just something I can manage to get down would be nice lol A new member and just here to see if anyone has any expertise on the matter/recommendations! Thank you so much!

Responses (10)

• Report Abuse

Posted by LoriM. at 07/27/17 14:20:04

YES! I love ALOHA Chocolate protein (from Target!) Also love Nutribiotic Rice Protein Vanilla https://jet.com/product/detail/34338faeb3ca4df79b062b1ee6a59d7b?jcmp=pla:bng:nj_health_beauty:health_beauty_sports_nutrition_diet:na:PLA_276073317_1210562311414803_kwd-4579259771277718:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=276073317&is_retargeting=true&clickid=4fcfc0ae-361a-4961-ab33-4d1a2d8b9cb3

I usually blend my vegan protein powder with frozen strawberries, almond milk and sometimes peanut butter (which you can also buy as a powder nowadays) A little more pricey but if you are looking for a pre bottled and you have a Whole Foods near you, I absolutely love Koai vanilla bean

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 07/29/17 21:36:43

Just mix protein powder, strawberries, blueberries, and ice in a blender and make a smoothie. Or do same with vegetables and ice. All the nutrients are absorbed quicker into your body for a natural energy boost.

• Report Abuse

Posted by happah10 at 08/02/17 00:50:45

Try MRM veggie ELITE.
    Get the elite one though not the regular it is much much better and also has iron. The regular tastes like liquid particle board.

• Report Abuse

Posted by kellycop at 08/17/17 15:30:06

I don't have any suggestions of ones that I found are good, but I do have a suggestion of one to avoid: Orgain. I drank that when I was doing AIP, but it really did not taste good.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 08/18/17 20:23:31

Make fresh fruit smoothies with no white sugar. Just add protein powder. It will taste good. Your body will absorb nutrients a lot quicker.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Shelby00 at 08/23/17 17:58:41

I don't know what rice protein you tried, but I like Growing Naturals Organic Rice Protein Powder. If you want an all-in-one that is high in protein but also lots of other nutrients, I like VeganSmart - it's much more smooth than Vega (which I think is very gritty and kind of tastes like dirt). Whole Foods usually has lots of single-serve packets of shakes. Try a bunch of different ones to see what you like.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Sib2907 at 09/05/17 09:38:10

Hey! I may be able to help out - I've recently started as a consultant for an amazing brand which is began certified and the products are also gluten free. The protein powders taste great, I even make hot chocolate out of the chocolate one! My email is [email protected] if you'd like to get in touch and find out more about the products 😊

• Report Abuse

Posted by cep at 10/05/17 20:49:32

I have a protein powder "recipe". I combine brown rice, pea, and hemp protein powders. The combination tastes better than each one individually, and is also pretty inexpensive and has none of the additives like stevia or whatever. Also less expensive.

I buy Now Sports brand rice and pea protein (a 2-lb jar of each), and Bob's Red Mill hemp protein (4 lbs). It takes a pretty large bowl to combine them...

Sometimes I add some cocoa powder too. You could experiment with carbohydrate flours, but it might not smart to eat them raw.

• Report Abuse

Posted by phynal at 10/06/17 05:12:05

I have tried a lot of different ones and by far the best is Prana On Power Plant Protein. The rich chocolate is amazing.

• Report Abuse

Posted by HealthyMind&Body at 10/06/17 14:38:10

Right now I am using a green coffee bean based pre-workout powder from Ora Organics which I am obsessed with. I like using all natural products with no garbage in it. This product is also Vegan friendly. Although I am not fully Vegan I like to know that the products I use don't have animal products contained. Honestly, This tastes so good. So far I have only tried the Ora Organic Pre-Workout Supplement -Pomegranate & Berry Flavor. It mixes really well and is super tasty. I highly recommend. I got it here:

bit.ly/2xXJqt5

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support