Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum
As we all know most corn, soy, canola oil, cotton seeds oil. etc are genetically modified.
How many of you carelessly bought non organic foods contain genetically modified ingredients?
I am one of them who wasted my $$$$ on GMO foods and end up throwing away in trash can.
Sad part is before I throw away these foods I ate it and now I am worrying about damage caused by eating GMO foods.

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by AndyT at 01/17/11 00:44:16

I'm a bit sceptical of this rating's lumping together a lot of different factors.
    For me, it would make a big difference, whether the soybeans are organic / non-GMO, but it does not matter much, whether they are family-owned or owned by investors. That is, however, not visible from the total score in this analysis (only for those getting close ti 100%, of course).
    Best regards,Andy

• Report Abuse

Posted by ionicwoman at 01/23/11 16:10:20

Most of us look to the label for non GMO markings, but did you know that the creators of GMO products have a few ways to get around the laws? There are however some new ways to ID GMO's - we must support the kind of research which will catch those that sneak GMO into our food. Also LOOK at your food- if it is big, perfect and cheap - beware. Check this article out:

• Report Abuse

Posted by sunshine7 at 02/04/11 12:45:57

ionicwomen, I tried
    but link is not working.
    Do you have other working link?
    I am not sure why link isn't working

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support