Community: Forum: Suggestions for HappyCow

HappyCow Site Forum

Suggestion 1 - have Hong Kong as a sub-category of Asia - it takes some intense lateral thinking to find it by first going through China. Hong Kong can be given its officla current name of Hong Kong SAR - this strategy is good until 2047. Next suggestion - split Hong Kong into 3 areas - 1) Hong Kong Island 2) Kowloon 3) New Territories. This will make navigation of HappyCow much easier. Involve me in this. I believe that there are 70+ veggy restaurants in Hong Kong - many of which will opt for FRIEND /​ paid listings if they see more business coming from their listing.

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Chia at 06/05/07 12:42:40

Hey JohnnySensible, What does the "SAR" stand for? I hadn't heard of that before. I thought the Brits had returned Hong Kong to China? Was there a few times in the early 90s but wasn't a vegetarian yet back then... but I would love to have all vegetarian dim sum anytime (non exists in Southern California). Bye.

• Report Abuse

Posted by JohnnySensible at 06/05/07 21:04:56

Hello Chia - full name is - Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China - see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong - returned to China yes - but with 50 years of "one country, two systems" policy - come & visit again soon! There must be 70+ veggy places here in Hong Kong - most are "ovo" but there is plenty of choice for vegan's. When are you next in Ho Chi Minh City? - Y's. - John

• Report Abuse

Posted by Stevie at 06/24/07 17:01:33

Hiya guys,

Just following the last posting I made on the question of El Salvador; surely listing Hong Kong under China is correct? If looking for somewhere and unable to find it listed then why not use the search facilty?

Keep well all,
    Stevie

Report Abuse

Posted by Stig at 10/28/07 02:02:32

Good moves!

Today you have made some great changes to the Hong Kong section of HappyCow!

Having the 4 main areas separate is just perfect.

You guys have made my life so much easier.

Yippee & thank you so much!

Now I will add a few more good places that I know of.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support