Community: Forum: Connect With Other Members

Introduce Yourself - Connect with New Friends

Hello!

I'm new to both this forum and North Carolina in general. Would love to meet other Vegans in the area !

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 07/09/17 16:45:39

Oletta--I am not from North Carolina, but if you live near Asheville or Chapel Hill and Raleigh, there are many vegans & vegetarians, and restaurant options. By contrast, I live in the Appalachian Mountains of East Tennessee. To my knowledge, I am one of two vegans in the county, and maybe there are a few vegetarians. And I have met a lot of people. It's not easy, but I chose to live in a place where people are so opposite to who I am in diet, spirituality, open-mindedness, & earth friendly choices. I am providing many alternative views and sharing my knowledge with others. I often hear, I have never known a vegetarian before. As a man, I have learned over the years how to be mostly secure about my choices & I can express them if people ask, but also listen top the carnivores point of view. Most people get defensive & start telling me meat stories, or what I'm missing. I don't get defensive. I just listen & share, and say I respect your choices. please respect mine. It's what works for me.

• Report Abuse

Posted by The Vegan Chemist at 07/10/17 00:17:32

Hi Oletta,

I'm not sure what area you are in NC, but I run an Instagram for the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) called @triangleveganfoodie. There are also groups on Meetup and Facebook where I met all my vegan friends. Welcome to vegan NC!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support