Community: Forum: Connect With Other Members

Introduce Yourself - Connect with New Friends

Happy New Year-
Since it's a new year, thought to continue the conversation in a new thread. Here's the previous threads:

Who wants to be the first?!
Share your story, and introduce yourself to the community here. :o)

Responses (37)

• Report Abuse

Posted by princessmoon at 01/26/17 17:48:14

hey, nice to meet you! my name is moon , and i'm 20 from canada :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by DaniellaKompselis at 03/08/17 10:36:34

Hi there! My name is Daniella, I'm 24 and living in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 03/09/17 05:30:17

Hi Moon, I'm Star! I'm from California.

Hi Daniella, your name means "God is my judge..." if it were Daniel.
    Does Daniella mean, therefore, "Goddess is my judge?"
    (ps. I don't like to fill out surveys.)

Joni Mitchell wrote in Ludwig's Tune, "It is the judgement of the Moon and Stars......"

.....Suddenly it all comes together!!!!!!!!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Kaiyun at 03/22/17 03:29:03

Hi there, I'm cindy from Jakarta, Indonesia.
    Feel free to asking vegan or vegetarian restaurant around Jakarta.

• Report Abuse

Posted by moshnotposh at 04/28/17 05:35:25

Hello, I am Monika! Nice to meet you all ;) I am starting blogger, I love tasty food and active freetime.

• Report Abuse

Posted by anirudh91 at 05/11/17 02:34:59

Hey guys I am Ani from LA, California. Like meeting new people and recently found out about this forum. Would love to hear vegetarian options from different cultures.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Oats86 at 06/26/17 04:42:59

Hello from Baton Rouge. Louisiana!

Attempting to live a plant based diet in the Southern US.

• Report Abuse

Posted by fabrizio8 at 07/23/17 10:21:56

Hello Everyone,

This is Fabrizio here. I am From Italy and recently move to Dubai for purpose of job. I recently came out in a zone of halal food lover but i found you can found every kind of food.

All the nationalities from all over the world lives in this city. If anyone from italy and living in Dubai let's meet up :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by djnz at 07/26/17 02:34:39

Hi guys,

My nickname is DJ. I am from New Zealand (born in India) and I am traveling to Japan from 4/Nov/17 - 17/Nov/2017. Anybody keen to catch up?

Best regards,

• Report Abuse

Posted by Hanlouwho at 08/02/17 22:38:13

Hi everyone,

I'm Han, I am from Dublin in Ireland. Currently transitioning from a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet, any tips are welcome!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Hanlouwho at 08/02/17 22:38:17

Hi everyone,

I'm Han, I am from Dublin in Ireland. Currently transitioning from a vegetarian diet to a vegan diet, any tips are welcome!

• Report Abuse

Posted by amgx93 at 09/04/17 21:14:01

Hi my names Al, i'm from England, UK 🥕
    Currently a veggie but slowly working towards vegan!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Sib2907 at 09/15/17 10:13:33

Hey! My name is Siobhan and I'm from Glagow. I'm currently trying to introduce more vegan meals to my diet and hopefully become fully vegan. Keen to hear any tips or suggestions!

• Report Abuse

Posted by sweetlyCrafted at 09/15/17 20:45:03

Nice to meet everyone! My name is Marci, I currently live in Northern California, and made the decision to go vegan four years ago. I couldn't be happier with that choice and am always eager to learn more about health, animal abuse, the environment, and my impact on it. Looking forward to learning more about everyone's story on this forum!

• Report Abuse

Posted by gurogroven at 09/17/17 16:14:30

Hi, everyone! My name is Guro and live in beautiful Norway. I’ve been vegan for over a year and I am loving every second of it! Becoming vegan helped me align my values with my actions and played a big role in my self-discovery journey. Veganism has given me a sense of purpose and made me feel connected to something greater than myself. I'm eager to get to know more likeminded people on this forum!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Claudi at 12/07/17 18:14:20

I'm Claudia, a PhD-student in biology from Germany. vegan since about six years.

I started being interested in veganism as I studied for my bachelor, actually in the zoology course where we used animals for learning about anatomy. I remember that this was the first time I learned about trimmed beaks in chicken, as I saw them right in front of me. As the studies went on, I did not take the course which enables me to do animal testing on my own, although I was doing an internship in a lab that did mouse experiments. After that, I went into microbiology and was very happy without getting involved into killing higher animals (as I do not count protists into that). Now that I am studying the effects of climate change in microbial ecosystem communities, my main motivation is that animal use is incredibly bad for the environment.

I am quite unspiritual for a vegan and I'd be happy to meet new people here.

• Report Abuse

Posted by LenaGlenholmes at 12/27/17 21:39:45

I am lena. plant based since sept 17
    Lived in Dubai, Milan, Paris and now Devon uk
    Went cold turkey from carbonara for dinner to essenatially a vegan diet from breakfast onwards.
    Skin better, 9kgs down and feeling better all round
    Enjoyed my first holiday and Christmas with great pleasure

• Report Abuse

Posted by veganairman at 12/28/17 06:12:08

Hello there, my name is Aaron Hopkins and together with my wife Sophie went full vegan in mid-July of this year. Before that we were meat eaters, like we were raised, and like most of the people in both of our families continue to be.

We decided to go vegan after watching the "What the Health" and "Cowspiracy" documentaries, as well as doing some of our own research online. My own cousin has been a vegan for over 6 years, but it wasn't until watching the documentaries that I suddenly woke up and decided to be the change I wanted to see in the world and become vegan.

I am from Vancouver, Canada and Sophie is from London, England. We met whilst working on a cruise ship and since then have worked together on two island resorts in the Bahamas, one private yacht, and separately over long distance on yachts as well.

We are currently on a trip around SE Asia until April 2018 and have been enjoying using Happy Cow to find vegan restaurants wherever we happen to be. We are not sure where we would like to settle when we are done with this trip, but if Australia raises the working holiday visa age to 35, then we plan to head over there for a year or two. Otherwise, I have an electrical engineering education and would like to get into the renewable energy industry, particularly installing and designing solar PV projects wherever possible in the world.

Thanks to everyone at Happy Cow!

• Report Abuse

Posted by VeganTeacherGrace at 12/28/17 06:26:05

Hey!! I’m Grace, I’m 22, and transitioning vegan for 3 months now. I’m from Southeast Ohio. Looking for people to meet up with!

• Report Abuse

Posted by MariaLyn at 12/28/17 18:34:20

Hey! My name is Maria I'm a 16 year old vegan and I just joined happy cow:) I came here to make some veg/ vegan friends!

• Report Abuse

Posted by ▶Lee at 12/31/17 01:04:07

Hello everyone, (or where I come from, we say "ay up love"
    It's great to see folk from all over the world going or being vegan. I went vegan overnight, after watching Cowspiracy, Gary Yourowsky, Earthlings etc. I felt ashamed that I'd buried feelings that I had always had and had nearly forgotten. I was always interested in animals and the environment all my younger life. I was always banging on about cruelty. Why did I become distant from my real self ??? I'm older, wiser and I'm back !
    I am now trying to show friends and family, (gently of course), the many many benefits of veganism. What The Health usually makes 'em think a bit !

• Report Abuse

Posted by mauricevegan at 01/01/18 20:41:32

Hiya. Maurice from Kent UK. Only been vegan for a year after 15 years veggie. Haven't looked back since.
    Adore all animals. Activism close to my heart.
    Great to be here.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Purplerose at 01/07/18 06:53:28

Hello, Annie here from South Australia. Hoping to connect with others to learn more about living a plant-based lifestyle.

I'm often asked why I no longer choose animal products, and the short answer is "because there is no need to". The long answer is that is better for my own health, better for the animals who are tortured and slaughtered, and better for the Earth.

I am sure you will agree with me.

I'm looking forward to future interactions with like-minded people.

• Report Abuse

Posted by akmadden at 01/09/18 02:28:44

It's great to meet you all!

I'm Alicia from Illinois, USA.

This new year, I'm determined to make a vegan friend and go on many adventures together to speak up for animals. Or just chat, I'm up for anything :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Rockrose at 01/29/18 09:59:41

Hello l am Dianne from Rowley Regis in the West Midlands UK I have been vegan 24yrs befor that I was veggie 14yrs. I went vegan when l realised that dairy also contributes to animals suffering. As well as being vegan l am also a Christian. To me being both makes perfect sense and show love for all creation. Christians are supposed to love people but l do not see how l can do that if l cause people to go hungry by my food choices.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Daisy_ at 01/29/18 18:47:56

helllo, everyone.
    I'm Dace from Baltics. :)
    2018 is the year to exclude meat from my diet completely. and then will see what 2019 will bing :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by DrewVanDoozer at 03/02/18 18:38:06

Hello everyone, my name is Drew i live in the PNW and i recently started a youtube and instagram on holistic healing and a plant based diet, please check out my content and follow and ill follow back! Thanks! Insta:Drewunbound

• Report Abuse

Posted by DrewVanDoozer at 03/02/18 18:38:18

Hello everyone, my name is Drew i live in the PNW and i recently started a youtube and instagram on holistic healing and a plant based diet, please check out my content and follow and ill follow back! Thanks! Insta:Drewunbound

• Report Abuse

Posted by Cristinagps at 03/05/18 23:39:50

Hello everyone! my name is Cristina and I live in England although I am from Spain. I am vegan and travel to central Europe for work sometimes... enjoy the German vegan restaurants! I love Yoga and Tantra and practice Reiki and Crystal healing. I hope you are all good and happy! x

• Report Abuse

Posted by VeggieNovelist at 03/06/18 17:00:41

Hi everyone, I'm Nathan from Florida. I've been a vegetarian since I was nice. In that time, I've learned to cook all sorts of new dishes, and really gotten serious about being healthy. In fact, I recently lost 68lbs. I now run my own blog, , where I share all the exciting recipes and info I've come across. And I hope to be able to do the same thing here on Happy Cow.

• Report Abuse

Posted by KaleKiller101 at 03/06/18 18:26:01

Hi everyone! My name is Maitland and I live outside of a little town called Grangeville, ID. I’ve been vegan for a full month and 1/2 now and to be hones, its been hard. Not a lot of people here support the idea of no animal or by-animal products. They barely even have a healthy foods section in the grocery store! Well anyway, I joined this site to basically meet others like me...

• Report Abuse

Posted by Jenia at 03/06/18 20:14:41

Hello everyone! I am Jenia from Russia! I don’t eat animal food for almost a year and I am happy about that ! My friends and most relatives judge me for my idea to change my food culture. That’s why I am here to find people who support the idea of good and healthy food.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ModerateCarnivore at 03/08/18 02:49:54

Hi there... I'm completely new to the idea of adopting a vegetarian/vegan diet and I have no idea where to start. I would love to get some advice from anyone who is willing to help a girl with a bunch of food intolerances out!

My name is Aditi, and I am originally from India but am currently studying in New York City :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Enchanted at 03/17/18 16:56:24

Hi Everyone
    I am "Enchanted" from England. Great site

• Report Abuse

Posted by Crucifier87 at 03/18/18 18:27:28

Hi everyone. My name is Maryline, french woman living in Sweden. Animal lover and music addict! I love to travel for concerts amd discover new vegan places!

• Report Abuse

Posted by gabiann at 03/21/18 18:56:43

Hey! I'm Gabi from Portland, OR. I went to university in London England, and I've been vegan for about 3 years. While all of my friends are supportive of my lifestyle choices, I don't have a single friend that is 100% vegan (yet!) I love the fact that veganism is slowly becoming more mainstream- hopefully it'll lead me to meeting some more like-minded people!

• Report Abuse

Posted by KCHurst at 03/22/18 17:34:27

Hi all! I am Keisha from Virginia. New to the journey itself but soo far loving it!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support