Community: Forum: Connect With Other Members

Introduce Yourself - Connect with New Friends

I am planning to go to Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in Arkansas and I thought I would see who all is in the Southern United States :)

Any really great places or things I should visit and take in while I am there? Doesn't have to be just Arkansas!

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 08/29/17 21:16:13

Lovineverything--That's a very nice user name. We all need more love in the world.

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina is a 500,000 acre national park. It has beautiful valleys and Cades Cove, and also rises to an elevation of about 7000 ft. It has rain forest like qualities depending on the rainfall in spring and summer. It is a peaceful sanctuary and has many walking and biking trails, if you like to do that. It is forested monastery once you get off the driving roads. It's one if the jewels of this country.

Motels and hotels are pretty reasonable. For the peaceful gateway town, stay in Townsend, Tennessee. Or Maggie Valley on the North Carolina side, near the Cherokee entrance. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are the over populated tourist destinations. A lot to do, but so opposite in nature to the Park. Just a few suggestions. Well worth it and being at the top of Clingmans Dome, the highest part, is like being in a heavenly nature paradise.

Peace to you at the monastery.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support