HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Animal Rights & Animal Welfare

Animal Rights Forum

I've been an animal activist all my life. Recently a friend and I decided to do something about it.
We did our research and couldn't believe what goes on in the fashion industry!
Every year nearly 50 million animals are brutally killed in the name of fashion! They are shot, beaten to death or even skinned while their hearts are still beating. All this only to be processed into a fashion product that decorate glossy uptown retail displays. Sanctuary Asia is attempting to reach out to young, impressionable minds and sensitise them against this cruelty.
Have a look at the video that we have created.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LftPzI56wPc

If you feel this is a cause you would like to support, please share the video with your friends and family to help shed light on the suffering of millions of animals.

Responses (5)

• Report Abuse

Posted by 12345678 at 09/16/14 03:34:15

I'm vegetarian but I still wear leather - only second hand though.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Laylah at 02/18/14 07:12:05

I used to wear leather boots before I turned vegetarian, but I haven't bought any since I made this change. Killing animals for fur/leather can be even more brutal than slaughtering them for meat...

• Report Abuse

Posted by greeshj at 02/18/14 10:49:52

Oh it's terrible!! all the fur farmer cares about is keeping the fur intact. Which means low voltage electricity! Pardon my language here but what they use is 'anal electrocution' and then proceed to skin the animal when it is still conscious!
    Please...try to educate as many people as you can about this!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Akando at 04/16/15 02:59:56

Its very wrong to wear animal..Human objective is to give people just that along with beautiful artwork.Its against the law of nature.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 04/16/15 06:18:25

The leather industry would barely exist except for the beef industry. Hides are a slaughterhouse product...they are bought at a low price. If cattle were raised just for their skins, leather would be outrageously expensive.

Of course so would beef (and pork, chicken, etc.) if the industry was not heavily subsidized by the government.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now