Community: Forum: Animal Rights & Animal Welfare

Animal Rights Forum

I have some books by Howard Lyman and Vivisection for sale. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send a list.

Responses (5)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 09/09/15 05:02:22

I wonder how many Americans remember (or ever knew about) the Texas cattlemen's law suit against Howard and Oprah for "disparaging" the beef industry. Howard and Oprah won the case, but sadly were not allowed to present their evidence against the beef industry in court. So, they won but were silenced anyway...

• Report Abuse

Posted by Armstrong2Zappa at 09/09/15 07:01:07

Probably the only ones who would remember are veteran activists. One thing that I find interesting about the case is that it was before bush. How many people remember bush? I did have the pleasure of meeting Howard Lyman a few times, he's a very dedicated activist.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 09/10/15 06:20:13

You must mean before "W". The Bush dynasty has been a major player for four generations.

I got to meet Howard at the Vegan Society event at Evergreen College in '97 when I was on a book tour of my own. He spoke at UF here in Gainesville a few years later and we got to have dinner together and play some pool!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Armstrong2Zappa at 09/11/15 17:39:51

Yes that's right before George w. bush. You can say it was in between two bushes, George w. and papa George.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Armstrong2Zappa at 09/14/15 13:38:00

I had the pleasure of meeting Howard 4 times, this was when we invited him to speak. He is a very sincere, dedicated person. What makes him unique is that he if from the other side, a former cattle rancher, so he brings that experience to the people.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support