This is hearty dish is easy to prepare and goes well with anything from bread to rice to pasta or even mashed potato.
2 cups broccoli florets
1 small carrot
3/4 cup button mushroom
4 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, marjoram)
1. Peel carrot and cut diagonally.
2. Steam the broccoli florets and carrot until tender-crisp. Set aside.
3. Mince garlic. Set aside.
4. In a pan heat a little oil and saute garlic until light brown. Add mushrooms saute for 1 minute.
5. Add the broccoli florets and carrots. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
6. Serve with bread, rice, pasta or mashed potato