Hola, amigos. From Tijuana, Mexico, it's Cow and friends with the latest news from the VEG world.
Polyphenol levels--a major source of antioxidants in apples--are 5 times higher in the skin of the fruit than in the flesh.
Our community is powered by caring people everywhere who are dedicated to promoting a compassionate, sustainable, healthy lifestyle. More than a guide to restaurants and health food stores, HappyCow is your one-stop resource for everything VEG.
This 99-Year-Old Says
"I've been a vegan now for about half my life... I quit work when I was 95." - Retired surgeon, Dr. Wareham, reflects on his daily habits which contributed to a prosperous life so far.
Many before us have adopted the vegetarian/vegan way.
- Richard St. Barbe Baker, a 1950s English forester and environmental activist, contributed greatly to worldwide reforestation efforts.
- The early hippies/raw vegans/nature boys wore long hair and beards, and ate uncooked foods.
Food to Live For
Enjoy these home recipes shared by Cow members:
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- Blueberry basics and vegan waffles
- Peruvian ceviche
- Summer tomato roasted garlic soup
- Cream of potato and lentil soup w/ cashew cheese
- Vegan Ironman and spicy noodle salad
* Shout-out to SuperCow Ambassadors Ricardo in Tokyo, Amy and Gudrun in Netherlands, Walter and Andy in Malaysia, and to all Cow ambassadors worldwide. Your updates makes our guide more comprehensive & up-to-date.
* Veg festivals and gatherings are happening everywhere. Check the veggie calendar to post or find an event near you.
* Michele the Trainer explains vegan food basics.
* Vicki C. shares this sweet potato cheweez recipe for dogs.
* "No one cares about your protein intake until they find out you're veg." - Here's how M.Read responds to that.