HanGawi

• Friend
Contact 212-213-0077

12 E 32nd St (at Midtown East, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10016

HanGawi's all-vegan menu is based on mountain roots, greens, and grains that have comprised the staple diet of ancient Koreans. Enjoy vegetarian dumplings, tofu clay pot in ginger sauce, vermicelli delight, multi-grain rice, bean curd with kimchi and vegetables. Traditional teas, folk and zen music, decor filled with antiques and artifacts, a relaxed atmosphere of peace and refuge. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-10:30pm, Sat 1:00pm-10:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Korean

First Review by Stevie

Wow - Edit

The food here is incredible, and the ambiance is just amazing and unique. My dad is a grumpy person who hates everything...this is literally the only restaurant he's been to in years that he actually LOVED...he couldn't stop talking about it for weeks!

Pros: Incredible food, Wonderful ambiance

Elegant but far overpriced - Edit

It is a elegant korean restaurant that serves vegan meals. The deco is very pleasant and the experience of eating while seated in a hole deserves to be known. However, the food is not so exciting at all. It is all about sauces. And the worst thing, it is very expensive. I had to pay 19$ for one eggplant. It is way too much for me.

Pros: something different

Cons: very expensive, dark

Best deal is the Prix Fixe! - Edit

HanGawi's Prix Fixe menu may seem pricey on the surface, but you will leave stuffed, and taken care of like never before! It's a bargain to get that level of service, with so many finely prepared flavors, course after course! This is a perfect birthday, anniversary or must-visit when you're in NYC to have the best vegan Korean meal of your life!! It was so special, it felt holy. I will always be "HanGawi" for more!!

teeny tiny portions - Edit

The ambiance here is lovely and the service is great. The food is good and very nicely presented. BUT everything is overpriced and the portions are ridiculously small. I paid $17 for a mixed pancake appetizer and it was 3 pancakes, each one cut into little pieces. I got a prix fixed lunch for $24 and it came with the smallest salad I've ever been served, although it was delicious. It came with a dessert which was 2 one inch diameter scoops of vegan chocolate ice cream served in a gigantic bowl. An hour later I was hungry again. With a tip, my tab was $70 for the prix fixe lunch, the extra appetizer and a cocktail. It was a good meal but not a great one, especially for the price. I've always been curious about this place and, my curiosity having been satisfied, I will not return.

Pros: good service, nice atmosphere

Cons: expensive, very very small portions

great ambiance - Edit

Ordered a mushroom medley with spinach and it was delicious. The ambiance is very nice with dim lighting and candles. Our waiter was very friendly. The food is definitely on the pricier side, but it's a nice place to go on a special occasion.

Fantastic Korean Vegan! - Edit

Delicious, formal, pricey, traditional. Shoes are taken off when entering. Seating is traditional Korean style, with recessed leg-area. Many many delicious options - the tofu steak was superb, as was the service! Highly recommended!

Pros: great selection, great food , great service

Cons: pricey

A New York City Vegan Gem - Edit

A MUST FOR VEGANS VISITING NYC! The steamed dumplings were out of this world as was the Korean beer. The kale dumplings were so good. The food was inventive and very satisfying and authentic. The kimchi was very nice and served complimentary with the meal.

This is a sanctuary in the middle of the hustle and bustle city. Feels like going back in time to a quaint Korean village, you even take youR shoes off at the door which gives your feet a welcome relief from walking the city!

Charming wood decor, very tiny and cozy eating gets everybody settled down from the New York frenzy, the interior looked like something out of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, very enchanting.

Owner was delightful, smiling and polite, all the wait staff in traditional garb gave the atmosphere a sense of respect for the dining experience that has long been forgotten in our western world, very good for the digestion.

The main dishes can be a bit oily, I would ask if they could be made without oil next time. The fried tofu and broccoli was insanely good.

I don't think you can go wrong here, even non-vegan foodies hit this spot apparently which makes me think the quality of this food can give people the nudge to go vegan.

Pros: authentic Korean cuisine, variety and taste, gluten free menu

Cons: a bit oily, not cheap, small, need reservations

Peaceful (and scrumptious) - Edit

This is far more upscale than the typical vegan establishments that I frequent, but I still highly recommend it. The ambiance and decor are lovely, and the food is sublime. I really like the stone bowl dishes.

I love Korean food, but it can be dicey as a vegan, given the hidden meat/fish products that are common to the cuisine. Hangawi solves this dilemma for me. I don't always splurge on fancy dinners, but when I do, it's often at Hangawi.

Pros: Ambiance, Stone bowls

Okay food, great atmosphere - Edit

I went here for a birthday dinner and was unimpressed by the food. It was underseasoned and I haven't felt the need to return. The ambiance on the other hand was excellent. The restaurant was beautiful and service was great.

Pros: Ambiance

Cons: Okay food

authentic atmosphere! - Edit

We visited NYC for one day and wanted a relaxed vegan place just a moment to escape the crowd.

We ordered the Mini Emperor's Lunch ($22) which wasn't so bad (see pictures above), the service was great and the atmosphere unique.

Pros: nice atmosphere, good service, tasty food

Cons: maybe bigger portion of rice , the price!!

Absolutely inspiring - Edit

I was blown away by the creative, vegan Asian menu. There was so much choice and everything I ate was perfect. I shared three starters: stuffed shiitake mushrooms, kale dumplings and mixed summer/nori roll tasters. My main was a build-your-own wraps. It came with lettuce warps, raw veggies, mushrooms, three kinds of rice and a delicious dipping sauce. For dessert I had their amazing date paste tea, soy ice cream (vanilla/almond and chocolate) and a tofu chocolate pudding (which wasn't that amazing). The atmosphere and decor was authentic and beautiful, and the service was spot on. I highly recommend HanGawi for vegans and non-vegans alike.

Pros: Excellent quality food , Professional service , Great atmosphere

Go For Lunch to Save Some Money! - Edit

When you dine at HanGawi you are getting an experience. This is the perfect place to take people who wouldn't usually dine at a typical vegan restaurant. The atmosphere is absolutely breath taking and the food is stunning.

Pros: Great Food, Amazing Atmosphere, Friendly Staff

Pretentious Authentic - Edit

The Happy Cow reviews were very good, so I walked 1/2 mile to try it for a late lunch. Had the prix fixed meal, so options were limited and the fried dishes seemed a bit unhealthy. The service was spotty with at least 3 different servers for my table, so no continuity. The food was interestingly flavored, with a unique Kim Chee, but mostly didn't suit my American palate. Very Korean atmosphere and a little pricey.

Pros: all vegan, unique flavors

Cons: pricey , pretentious atmosphere

Great authentic atmosphere and very good food - Edit

When we arrived we weren't expecting the authentic experience we got:shoes off and very low seating/tables. But this and the service we got really added to the experience.

Everything was vegan. Everything tasted amazing. We had starters (Kimchi and mushroom pancakes), we had stone bowls (mine was avocado, rice, miso and vegetables) and some Korean cocktails. The portions were good, the service was good and the staff were helpful. We had an intimate romantic meal, but equally there were groups of friends having a decent chat.
We didn't make a reservation, but it was a Monday night. It wasn't cheap but the food and atmosphere was worth it.

Pros: authentic, tasty food, authentic atmonsphere, helpful staff

Excellant! - Edit

This place is a unique gem within the city. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing, the food is creative, unique & made with Love. We ordered from the Prix Fixe menu and had the perfect amount of high-quality food served by a pleasant server. This is a lovely place and while it may seem pricey, you truly get what you pay for with this dining experience.

Pros: Very nice environment , Delicious food , Creative menu choices

Cons: I can not think of any

very nice - Edit

after having some trouble trying to find it (it's located in a huge door with a hard-to-see sign), I wish I could experience it at least once a month. The place is very calm and the food is a minimalist experience. delicate flavors (or spicy ones).
Maybe the pumpkin soup could have more flavor, but everything else was really good. Give it a try!

Wonderful! - Edit

What a wonderful place! Beautiful ambiance & very authentic, delicious food. We had vegans, Gluten free, and regular carnivores in our group and all were satisfied and enjoyed themselves. Waitstaff was very knowledgeable about all ingredients.

Great Food but not cheap - Edit

I went to Hangawi after hearing about it and it lived up to those expectations. The food was excellent and good portions. We ordered the fixed price Lunch for $22 each which was a good value. Otherwise, ordering straight off the menu a la carte could have been very expensive! The service was great from Jay our waiter and it was a very fun experience sitting on the floor without shoes. Would definitely come back.

Pros: Very good vegan Korean food, Nice atmosphere and interior

Cons: Expensive

Atmosphere and food subdued - Edit

HanGwai can be a lovely, quiet, dark restaurant with a traditional subdued and relaxing setting. But be warned, it can get crowded and noisy with overly rushed service even early on a Saturday evening.

The food is a varied and tasty selection of nouveau Korean vegan dishes. It is quite expensive though for the food and portions and the tastes. For Korean food, it is on the bland side. You won't even get traditional banchan when you sit down.

If you go on a quiet night or afternoon it can be quite a lovely place to eat healthy food in a relaxing setting. Other times it's a rushed, bland expensive meal.

It's not uncommon but you should know that you will have to take your shoes off at the entrance before being seated which will be a low tables with recesses for your feet.

Pros: Different, Setting, Mostly imaginative Korean vegan

Cons: Expensive for what you get, Can be bland, Can be noisy, rushed.

Beautiful Atmosphere - Edit

HanGawi has a wonderful ambiance. Once you enter, you must remove your shoes and walk into the restaurant. The restaurant is covered in beautiful wood, and the ceilings are painted in what seem to be traditional Korean designs (don't know how authentic it is, but it certainly is beautiful!). There are no chairs. You essentially sit on the floor. The are spaces in the floor, under the low tables, to put your feet. It's a bit hard for me to describe, but it is quite a unique experience. Just going to the restaurant is a treat!

You can order a la carte or the pre fixe. I would definitely recommend ordering something with todok (some sort of mushroom). Many of the todok dishes are prepared in a way in which the texture closely resembles barbequed meat. It is quite delicious! I also really enjoyed the steamboat soup.

HanGawi is located in the heart of k-town, the strip of Korean bars and restaurants on 32nd Street. The sister restaurant, Franchia, is closeby, but the restaurants offer different menus, so you have to visit both! Franchia does not seem to offer any todok dishes, but their stone bowls, vegan sushi, and bibimbap are to die for. Both restaurants offered refreshing teas (both sweetened and unsweetened, cold and hot). Try the first picked for a real treat, if you like green tea.

Pros: Korean Tea, Todok, Ambiance

Best Korean food!! - Edit

I love Korean food, but understandably get a little nervous eating at Korean restaurants. Did you know kimchi is typically not vegetarian?? Eek! I'm just worried that fish essence is splashed throughout everything.

Worry not, this vegan Korean place is not only fish-free, but DELICIOUS! They were out of the fruit wines, but we enjoyed the kale broccoli salad (it was ok), the pumpkin pancakes (amazing), and the Avocado bibimbap (heavenly!).

The ambiance is amazing too - you have to take off your shoes and sit on the floor (they conveniently cut a hole in the floor so you are still sitting western style, but with appearance of sitting Korean style). Also our waiter was hilarious and I gave him a big tip.

I loved the experience of eating here! This place will set you back a pretty penny though, so maybe more appropriate for a special occasion. Worth it though!

Pros: Delicious Korean food and menu, Friendly waitstaff, Wonderful ambience

Cons: Pricey

Wow! - Edit

Excellent food, lots of variety and great staff.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 12, 2014

Thinking back to my recent trip to NYC and HanGawi, I must say that the experience at this restaurant was the highlight of my time in the city.

From the presentation of the food to the attentiveness of the staff to the wonderful diversity of flavors, textures and aromas, HanGawi satisfied my every need.

My partner and I each ordered the Emperor's Tasting Menu, which consisted of multiple courses, with two different items for both the starter and the appetizer, an entré and dessert. While each of the portions was small, cummulatively, everything added up to a feeling of satiety, and a little bit left of the entré to take for later.

While the food very flavorful, it lacked the hotness I prefer, but they had an excellent homemade chili oil that added the right amount of kick.

Pros: Variety of flavors, Attentive staff, Ambience

Cons: Pricy

Still Good but Pricey - Edit

I first visited Hangawi in Seoul. I lived there teaching English and as a vegetarian in Korea (who doesn't eat onion and garlic), this place was heaven. They also had the option of preparing everything without onion and garlic, as per the dietary restrictions of some Buddhists. Unfortunately, Hangawi in NYC does not offer this so our choices were limited, which seriously irked me. I had a huge craving for Kimchi Jjigae and I didn't want to make kimchi from scratch to make my own because then I would have to wait even longer. That was my major complaint, but I suppose opening in a Western city does involve some sacrifices to appeal to the locals. I had called ahead to make a reservation and I told the girl that we didn't eat onion or garlic. Her response was that we tell our waiter once we got there.

I originally wanted to come on Christmas, but they only offered the special Prix Fixe menu at $65 per person. I paid almost that much for a 15 course meal in Hangawi Korea... I wasn't going to pay that amount for only 7 courses. Plus, kimchi jjigae wasn't on the set course menu. I ended up going the day after for lunch. We arrived there right when it opened but it quickly filled up. We got the two lunch set menus and it was still delicious. They managed to make everything without onion and garlic and switched out the gochujang for the dolsot bibimbap with soy sauce and gochugaru instead. The thing was that they offered a smaller amount of side dishes (only 4) with the entree, of which we could only eat one (the spinach and mushroom). Fortunately, they gave us another small side of the S&M, but it would have been nice to just give us 4 sides of that, since we couldn't eat the others. However, the porridge was good and so was the ginseng salad (light, different, and refreshing). The dessert was a little disappointing - soy ice cream. I wanted something more Korean, but I suppose. It was still good - just not all that authentic. Not like ginseng salad is authentically Korean, but at least it was Korean themed.

All in all, still delicious and visually pleasing, though the options are less. The staff is helpful to an extent and still as expensive (more so) as always. A good place for a special occasion, but note that the portions are on the smaller side. I felt "just right" but I definitely could have eaten more (it may be because it was for lunch, but I remember being incredibly STUFFED in Seoul).

Pros: delicious & beautiful food, great decor/atmosphere

Cons: portions on the slightly smaller side, not as "authentic", no 100% onion/garlic free menu option

excellent prix fixe menu - Edit

We joined another couple for dinner here and we were all impressed. The decor is lovely as is the service. You leave your shoes at the door and proceed into the dining area. The seating is on the floor with space cut out for your legs underneath. I had the lychee wine and the guys shared an apple sake that was actually served inside apples. Two of us opted for the prix fixe menu (2 is the minimum), which was a good value considering the number of courses that came with it. The rest of the menu is large and the two other people selected the stuffed shiitakes, dumpling soup, sizzling mushrooms and a bibimbap bowl. All the food was excellent, especially the mushroom ones as well as the kale rolls on the prix fixe. It was one of our most enjoyable meals during our trip to NYC.

Pros: excellent food, great atmosphere, good service

A Must in NY - Edit

Love the Prix Fixe - more and more beautiful and superb items are brought to the table for our complete enjoyment. With sake to compliment the meal, this is an amazing culinary experience. Add the great service, the beauty of the place and the uniforms of the waiters for a perfect evening.

Pros: Great food, Beautiful environment, Great service

I have flown to NY just to eat here... - Edit

It's one of those gems I go to anytime I visit NYC. I order the Emperor's Tasting Menu Prix Fixe. I wish something like this was in Toronto. It's delicious and I LOVE the space. The last time I flew to NYC was for my birthday a couple years ago. I spent 24 hours in NYC with the main purpose to eat at HanGawi. I hope they are maintaining their awesome for when I visit again. I've been a few times already...

Pros: food and drink, atmosphere and service, location

Cons: i wish there was a HanGawi in Toronto

Fake Korean - Edit

This place was a great disappointment as a dinner destination for my family. I've eaten in hundreds of Korean restaurants both in the states and in Korea including Korean vegetarian restaurants. Most of the vegetarian places in Korea are Buddhist restaurants with a wide variety of seasonal vegetables. A typical place would have a number of wild greens (mountain greens), various root plants, and a many styles of mushrooms with rice and beans. The typical Korean meal will have many small dishes with a wide variety of tastes from bitter to sweet, hot and spicy with a highly balanced styles. Hangawi, seductive to the average Westerner because of its decor, is a total fake! The food is bland, fried and not prepared with any sense of the depth of style in Korean cooking. This place lacks the total essence of spices, variety, and healthy cooking. I shake my head in disbelief that the place even failed at making a good bowl of rice! The desert ended up being an off-the-shelf, low quality American pudding. Shame, Shame, Shame. There are many good Korean restaurants on 32nd Street in NYC providing a wide variety of styles. Without hesitation I can say this is the worst Korean place I've eaten in.

Cons: Bad food, No flavors, Not Korean

awesome korean joint - Edit

nice ambiance, feels so zen in there. customers are required to remove their shoes before going in, staff are quite friendly, food is awesome!! they've got organic juices and wine as well, only thing is that its a little expensive, but this is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in NY

Pros: awesome food, nice ambiance, friendly staff

Cons: price is a little high

Delicious and unique dining experience - Edit

I recently went here with a friend. The ambiance is very nice. You're required to take off your shoes before being seated a low, traditional table. If you have any sort of leg problem the low seated tables might not work for you. We started with the spicy kimchi pancakes and veg dumplings. Both were very tasty. For main courses we had the avocado bowl and the spicy rice cakes. Both were excellent. The ginger tea is fantastic too. I would recommend both the wine sampler and the saki sampler. The service is good but could be improved a little (they're very nice but a little slow). The price is a bit high, more along the lines of fine dining prices.

Pros: atmostphere, yummy, good drinks

Cons: price, slow service

excellent! - Edit

this place is amazing. i've been raving about it for years. the food is all out-of-this-world great! my favorite was a dish in the clay pot with rice and veggies. so good! the service was great. my only problem is i can't convince my parents to come back because they don't like sitting on the floor. but it wouldn't be the same if we were at tables. i really love this place.

Try the Stone Bowl - Edit

A vegetarian friend recommended this restaurant, and I have been back multiple times since. Everything I've tried on the menu has been delicious. I particularly like the avocado stone bowl, though the spicy rice cakes and seasonal pumpkin pancakes are also excellent. The only downside is that it is pricey (though maybe not for NYC).

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine

Cons: expensive

A wonderful experience from start to finish - Edit

I discovered Hangawi completely by accident by wandering in off the street when visiting a client in NYC one day. As the token vegetarian, I was scanning meals on the doors of each restaurant to make sure I had a meal to eat. This one fit the bill, and I didn't even know what wonders I would discover inside! The decor takes you away from being in a city, with the traditional custom of removing your shoes at the door. Once inside, you are lead to sit at a table where your legs disappear under the floor. I loved it here so much I have been back another time with my husband so he could believe what I was gushing about - and now he's a believer!!

The food choices are comprised of many root and mushroom vegetables. I like the stone pot meals cooked with some kim chee. We ordered the prix fixe meal which came with multiple rounds of wonderful flavors. In addition we chose to have a pot of some barely alcoholic drink. The price was about $70 pp at the end of the meal - which seemed very high priced to me (being NOT from NYC), but the experience was well worth it. I have also been here for lunch, and the price was much more reasonable during lunch hours.

I highly recommend this place for a unique vegan experience!! If you call ahead for reservations, try to get a table far away from the bathroom (which is located in the central area of the room).

Pros: delicious, unique, fun

Cons: expensive

Delicious Food and Great Service - Edit

We love this restaurant. The food is fantastic, elegant, and beautifully plated. The service is warm without being too casual and formal without being pretentious. I would love to go there again and again and again.

Pros: excellent food, extensive menu, creative drinks

one of the very best restaurants in NY - Edit

I can't say how much I love HanGawi. I crave it constantly and I go every time I am in town ... sometimes twice! The tofu stone bowl is out of this world and, unfortunately or fortunately, I get it every time I am there so I can't say much about the other main dishes. I love the hangawi salad and the stuffed shiitake mushrooms are so yummy. A beautiful restaurant with a fantastic atmosphere and very good service. One of the two best (vegan) restaurants in NY. Make sure you make a reservation.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 14, 2010

Amazing experience - Edit

Hangawi is one of the most beautiful restaurants you will find. Traditional decor and service make for a unique dining experience. The food is delicious, especially the appetizers. Very nice cocktails too. Great place to take someone to impress!

Good but pricy - Edit

I love the decoration and tables. The ginger salad was magnificent. I like the spicy hot bowl rice. It was very tasty and indeed hot. Cons are the fact that he waiter was a bit hurried though with the service and if they could give some more reasonable prices, I would come here more often.

Pros: Food, Decoration

Cons: Service, Prices

Can't wait to go back - Edit

My boyfriend and I loved this place! I was hesitant to go based on some reviews I read that the food was bland, but I didn't find that to be true at all. We ordered the pre fixe menu and it was an excellent value. It was several delicious courses, one more outstanding than the next.
The food vegetable based rather than centered around fake meat, which was a nice change. The taste of many of the dishes was light on the palate, but by no means bland.
We are literally waiting for the next warm day so we can take the path in and eat here again.

Pros: great food, attentive service, beautiful atmosphere

wow. - Edit

the atmosphere is outstanding, details exquisite...food is creative, plated beautiful and very tasty...try the mountain root vegetables, they are incredible! a bit overpriced, but worth it. discretion between lunch hours online and at restaurant...we went there for lunch menu, but our waiter insisted we were there after lunch was over...

Cool, unusual, delicious - Edit

For ambience and novelty-value alone, Hangawi stands apart. It's a completely different dining experience, with submerged seating (sans shoes). I found the prices to be low considering the atmosphere and the unusual nature of the food (vegan Korean joints aren't exactly common). All of the dishes were delicious, from the mushroom pancakes to the tofu stone pot. Their vegan cheesecake was also delectable. This is a great place to take a date or to simply eat healthy, tasty food in large portions.

Pros: Ambience, Prices, Unusual food

some of the best vegan food in town - Edit

A meal at HanGawi is an utterly refreshing experience. Food is delicious, atmosphere is beautiful, service is perfect. It's not cheap, but for that special dinner this is absolutely beautiful.

Pros: delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, perfect service

Cons: it's not cheap

So much Fun!! - Edit

I love Korean and this was truly a treat. I like how the restaurant was so traditional and authentic. Taking off my shoes kinda scared me at first but its actually really clean.. no foot fungus..j/k. I did not see Gwyneth Paltrow there but the food was so fab so I didn't notice. Totally go here if you are in NYC!! Rock on!

My favorit place - Edit

i luv this damn place. the food is great the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is really great. the only down fall is that there offiliated with Franchia. other than that this is the place to take a date or family members too. :)

Pros: The food is the best, the people are nice, its traditional

Cons: i don't work there

Great Food, Poor Service - Edit

The food here is good, but the service was not the best. Additionally they will sit you right next to another table even if the whole place is empty. I do not know if that bothers you or not, but when we asked to be moved to another table they refused.

Pros: exellent food

Cons: poor service

My best restaurant experience EVER! - Edit

HanGawi is too amazing for words. We had reservations for dinner on a Saturday evening, and our meal was out of this world. We both ordered the seven-course prix fixe Emperor's Meal with Steamboat Soup ($37.95 per person). We also ordered a bottle of delicious Korean raspberry wine. Each course was even more delicious and more beautifully presented than the previous one. Our waiter was friendly and sweet, and he took the time to explain the details and ingredients in each course to us. The flavors were all wonderful. There was not one dish that we did not absolutely love! Also, the visual presentation and carefully chosen contrasts of food temperatures and textures made for an all-around exquisite meal. I cannot wait to go back to HanGawi. I wish we lived more closely to it!

Pros: heavenly food, soothing interior, friendly waitstaff

Yum! - Edit

My fiance took me here for my birthday. Lovely ambiance. The food was really great. You have to be willing to try different things. We chose the prix fixe option and ate some wonderful dishes we never would've picked on our own. Great for dates!

Pros: pretty, tasty, great service

Cons: lots of fried dishes

Pretty sweet - Edit

I went here for my birthday with my family. The restaurant is really cool...you take off your shoes and sit at floor level (but with cut outs so it's okay for people with bad backs). The food was pretty good...particularly the mushroom dish. However, my brother was not particularly excited by root vegetables he'd never heard of. Although the food was good, it was hard to order without knowing what things were.

Pros: Atmosphere, different foods

Cons: Expensive, unappealing to picky eat

Hangawi, NYC - Edit

Stylish Korean decor, relaxing atmo, interesting menu. I'd love to go back to check it out more. I'm sure anyone with a strict budget to manage to eat in less expensive places.

Pros: Nice decor, Interesting menu

Cons: Not for those on a budget

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has HanGawi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.