Happy, happy, happy Monday. If you’re short on time, this recipe is super easy, super tasty, and super meat free. #needisaymore?
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or any other high heat oil
1 small red onion, sliced into half moons
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
2 cups oyster mushrooms, cut in half long ways
1 package white beech mushrooms
1 package dried chow mein noodles – look for the ones without egg (14oz.)
1 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- Heat oil and cook the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and mushrooms and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add noodles, vegetarian oyster sauce, sesame oil, dark soy sauce, regular soy sauce, garlic powder and white pepper powder.
- Stir to combine and stir fry noodles for 3-5 minutes. Stir fry longer for crispier noodles.
For more recipes with an Asian flare, check out my first cookbook, Bold Vegan – Food of South East Asia.