These light and crispy rolls are delightful treats. Feel free to be creative by pairing the rolls with different dips and sauces.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves 3-4 persons
10 large spring roll wrappers
1 cup soy granules, hydrated, combined with mashed tofu
1/2 cup carrots, grated
2 stalks spring onion
1 tablespoon Chinese celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoon raisins, optional
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice
1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a pan heat a little oil. Sauté garlic until light brown. Add onions and cook till transparent.
2. Add mashed tofu and soy granules, grated carrots and spring onions.
3. Put soy sauce, salt, pepper and five spice. Cook until half of the moisture from the carrots and tofu and soy mixture evaporates.
4. Turn off the heat and add Chinese celery leaves.
5. Let the mixture cool then wrap it in spring rolls wrappers.
6. Deep fry until spring rolls are golden brown.
7. Serve with any desired dipping sauce.