Serves meat, veg options available. Casual fine dining in a converted house with also enclosed patio seating. Full bar. Menu features fish, poultry, lacto-vegetarian dishes, and one vegan main entree. Has daily specials. Uses seasonal produce. Prices moderate for veg food. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Chelsea
Chia
Chia

Charming Setting

3 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my The Farm Cafe review.

It's listed on HappyCow as veg-friendly, and that's true for lacto-vegetarians as the veg dishes have cheese except one main entree--the herb crusted tofu with mushroom masals sauce over mashed potatoes. We got this and the soup of the day which was a carrot and red pepper. The mushroom masala sauce on the tofu entree was sweet and interesting but the dish overall had too much black pepper in it. The soup was warming and delicious.

It was a Saturday night, and the restaurant was very busy with people drinking wine with their food. We had food but no wine. Sat in the comfy back patio. Lovely place inside and outside.

kindlizard
kindlizard

Excellent

4 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2009

We were suggested this place by Concierge. She had a few winners, many of which were similar in style, quality and veg-friendliness to this one.

The Farm is easy to get to on the corner of E Burnside and have a parking lot. The old converted house is decorated beautifully. They had several vegan appetizers, including a winter veg soup, the veg of the day which was luckily enough for me roasted Brussels! They rocked so hardcore!! Also, we shared a mushroom appetizer (how can you go wrong w NW Mushys?) and really amazing bread. I think there was more vegan apps too on the menu.

They really worked with us as far as getting us fed. They had a seitan special which ran out but they had more seitan in the back and made two of us a dish from that. Our other two dishes were the tofu marsala that has been mentioned. that was delicious, and as I am reheating it for lunch I can tell you it is not too peppery. All the components in all dishes were fresh and executed very well. The drinks were high end. It is expensive but not too bad for a city and high end, local veggies.

I think this place rocks!

Pros: High quality, service, delicious
Cons: n/a
Chelsea
Chelsea

Go for the marsala tofu

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2009

It is one of my favorite meals in Portland! This is a nice place to take family or omni friends, and it has a fancy feel to it even though the prices aren't too high.

Pros: marsala tofu, great drinks, lovely Victorian interior
Cons: often long wait, no reservations

Dear Owner and Manager of The Farm Cafe: