Opened in March 2011, this is a full service vegan and vegetarian grocery store located inside Sawgrass Marketplace. Has a deli, vegan bakery items, major vegan and vegetarian brands including Field Roast, Gardein, Match meats, Moo moo's, Vegetarian Plus, Yves, Tofurkey, Daiya, Ah!laska, Edwards and sons, Frontier, Nana's Cookies, Dandies, Plum baby food, Uptons, and more. Locally owned and operated. twitter.com/sproutgroceries. closed Sun-Mon. more-less
1505 S S Calumet Rd (Highway 49)
Chesterton, Indiana 46304

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Wonderful Store

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

Sprouts packs all the best veg*n food into a small, well-organized place. If you need a veggie staple, they have it. Great selection of refrigerated and frozen items.

If you're from out of town, this is a great stop. If you're a local, I have to be honest and point out that Wiseway is just across the street and has a pretty good veg*n/organic section as well. I want to support Sprouts all the time but if I'm doing my weekly shopping at Wiseway and I'm in a hurry or am shopping after Sprouts is closed, it's tempting to get your shopping done and pick up your veg*n essentials at Wiseway.

One thing Sprouts could offer that Wiseway doesn't have is high quality fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. Wiseway offers some but the quality is poor and I can never find an organic tomato! You mention there is a great organic farmer in the same building and you don't want to compete with her/him. That's very considerate of you. But maybe you could both do more business if you guys entered into a relationship where she rented out space from you for a nominal fee to sell her produce. Possibly a win-win situation.

shsmile23
shsmile23

Hooray for Sprouts!

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2011

I visited Sprouts today and although its smaller then I thought it would be, I was happy to see that they carry many of my favorite vegan staples! I hope they expand and bring in some produce and more baked goods! Loved it though and I will be back.

Pros: favorite brands, friendly
Cons: small/limited
  • blueplastikgrl blueplastikgrl

While i do plan on expanding to carry more products. There is a great organic farmer in the same building as me. I do not want to compete with her already great produce!!

mitche27
mitche27

CHOCOLATE!!!!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2011

I went to sprouts and bought some vegan chocolate truffles, they were amazing!!! I can't wait to go buy more!!!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprout's Groceries: