Green Bar and Kitchen

Menu items feature whole gluten-free grains with nuts, seeds, veggies, soups, fruit, plus has cold-pressed juices, salads, smoothies, raw treats, and gluten-free bakery items. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Bakery, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
1075 SE 17th
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
954-533-7507

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 9am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Scott Grenerth
Mighty Vegan
Mighty Vegan

LOVE THIS PLACE!!

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I was visiting family in Boca and took the trip to GBK twice. Absolutely worth it. The ambience is refreshing, and the outside area peaceful. We loved the GBK burger, buffalo tempeh sandwich, avocado toast, and firehouse bowl. You absolutely have to try the desserts. They seem to change around daily but everything I tried was delicious. Elena one of the owners is so friendly and welcoming. Just that alone makes you want to come back.

Pros: beautiful inside and outdoor area, gluten free, organic, and healthy, outstanding desserts
TraceyTrexlerJacobs
TraceyTrexlerJacobs

You gotta try the Buffalo Tempeh!

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2014

I travel a lot for work and always like to keep an open mind with Happy Cow listings. Green Bar marinates their tempeh; it is full of flavor and moist in consistency. I like this consistency best compared to others that are dense and do not have much flavor. The fruit cup was fresh and sweet. I also tried the coconut Thai soup. It wasn't my favorite but perhaps they will let you sample it before you order. Everything here is organic and nonGMO. Will definitely be back upon my next visit.

Pros: buffalo tempeh, nonGMO, organic
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Well worth the visit

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

I like the pristine decor, friendly staff, food and drinks. It may not be the greatest, but it is very, very good, fresh and certainly worth trying.

Veganesque
Veganesque

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2014

Very happy to have this wonderful restaurant practically in my backyard. Food is wonderful with decent portions. The staff is always very helpful. I always look forward to my next visit.

Pros: Great Food, Good Ambience, Helpful STAFF
Cons: Pricey
Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

If you are a GF vegan, this is your place

3 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

This is a small cafe, with nice decor and nice people. They have a small 100% vegan and gluten free menu. I got 5 different sandwiches, 3 cupcakes, and two chocolate cups to go. It was close to $100. Not cheap. The sandwiches are smallish, but good. To be fair, I am not on the GF fad, and don't really like GF stuff. The cupcakes were ok, but noticeably GF. The buffalo tempeh sandwich I had was excellent and not noticeably GF. The non vegans I was feeding scarfed it all down without hesitation, which is always a good sign. I guess if GF is important, this might be a 5, but, given the price and the fact that GF is generally a negative, I am thinking a 3+.

Pros: 100% vegan, Nice atmosphere, Nice people
Cons: Expensive
Wendy Vegan
Wendy Vegan

Decent, but not amazing

3 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

The place is cute and easy to park. The food is good, but not great. I have tried many things there and liked them all, but nothing blows my socks off and the portions are very small. It's good - - just good . . .

Pros: Cute Place, easy to park, decent food
Cons: Average food, Small portions
mariellamcD
mariellamcD

Puppy friendly, love it!

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped by to grab lunch after going to the dog park with our two pups. Everyone was super friendly, came out and said hi and gave our dogs some love. They were all very happy and the food was pretty good. It's nice to go to a restaurant where you don't have to pick through the menu just to find something, anything, that you can eat. Only downside is the beer was a bit on the expensive side and not a huge selection. I will definitely come here again though!

Pros: Veg-friendly
Cons: Needs better beer selection
maulydaft
maulydaft

it's ok

3 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

I got the faux chicken salad sandwich and liked it, but for the price ($12) I was expecting it to be RAW. It wasn't. This is the kind of sandwich you'd get for $6 say in San Diego. Anyway, aside from that I wasn't too much into the vibe there. Seemed like snooty people with money and expensive tastes. If that's your kind of thing but all means check this place out. But I won't be going there on my way to the beach ever again! :P

• greenbar greenbar

Hi! GBK here. We are so sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. We strive each and every day to serve the best tasting, freshest and healthiest food possible to our guests. Our goal is to to make sure everyone feels welcomed and loved . We do our best to keep our prices as sharp as we can. Almost all of our dishes are cooked with 100% organic unrefined coconut oil. Some of our housemade dressings are made with organic hemp oil or organic flax oil... we include these superfood oils so they are more nutritious. We take several other steps to provide you with clean, heathy food too... We are a new, family owned business that is trying to help change the world one bite at a time. We strive to live up to our customer's high expectations by having even higher expectations for ourselves. We love constructive feedback and are continuously pushing ourselves to be the best that we can be. Obviously we would have preferred you shared this unsatisfactory experience with us privately so we could have remedied the situation immediately but we understand your frustration. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon. in graitude- the GBK family

pilarica
pilarica

AWESOMENESS!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

GREAT food! beautiful and clean space!! wonderful and friendly service!!! planning to go back many times and try each item on that menu!!...and start again :)

Pros: perfect portions, delicious, nice vibe
Amy_0
Amy_0

Amazing!!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

Wow I love this place. Food was amazing and the staff was super nice and welcoming. It's super clean with a good variety on the menu. Must go if your in Fort Lauderdale

MattB412
MattB412

Delightful cafe

4 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2013

Ate here a couple of times with my (omnivore) father and we both had the GBK burger each time. Delicious! The staff couldn't be friendlier.

Pros: Great veggie burgers, Super-friendly staff, Gluten free friendly
Cons: A little pricey, Veg burger is on the small side
Francis Naud
Francis Naud

Impressive

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2013

Very cool place, good selection of wine, great veegan and gluten free bakery. I was a bit disappointed by the lasagna, I could have taken more of the very delightfull pesto and macadem cheese. I would have also appreciated a piece of bread or any carb with my meal. Anyhow, I enjoyed my meal and would love to go back to try the other delicious plates.

Suzzz6
Suzzz6

Delicious!

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

I'm so glad we went there for dinner! It was perfect. The staff is friendly, the wine is organic, the food is delicious, and there is a vegan bakery and shop! The avocado toast was very tasty. Wish we had this in Quebec!

Pros: Nice outdoor patio seating, Good selection of wines and desserts
Cons: Small portions
ShanGun
ShanGun

awesome

3 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

Healthy and delicious food. My husband (an unapologetic carnivore) and I fought over the last spoonfuls of the Thai coconut soup. I haven't had anything that wasn't delicious so far.

Pros: lots of greens, great variety, changing specials
Cons: not a ton of food
vegansoul
vegansoul

The Best Vegan restaurant in South Florida

5 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

I love this place. The owners, the chef, the staff are all fabulous, friendly and loving people. The food is amazing and the entire space feels welcoming and has a community atmosphere. Almost all the food is vegan, but there are one or two items that have honey in them. Ask. They have organic beers and wines, a small store of take home items, a bakery, and indoor and outdoor seating. This is a nice restaurant, so it is a little pricey, but well worth it. I've spent $25 per person here (including all food and drinks).

Pros: Food is delicious, Friendly and nice atmosphere, parking is free and abundant
Cons: no reservations for tables
AFM
AFM

Prayers Answered

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

Great plant based vegan food. Delicious, and flavorful. A rare find in Ft. Lauderdale, even better for me that it's in my neighborhood. As a Vegan I love this place.
Portions are small, but I think it's perfect. I don't need a huge plate of food to feel full, especially when it's plant based/vegan. Their baked goods are divine as well!
Prices are a little high, but I think it's well worth it. I don't eat there every day, so as a once in a while treat I'm happy with it.
Just happy to have a place where I can go out and have a nice meal. Not an easy thing to do when you're a vegan in Ft. Lauderdale.

Come support this new restaurant. It's a great place, good food, wonderful service, and we all benefit if they do well.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Location
Cons: Yuppie Patrons
newbie
newbie

Fun food and ambiance!

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

We stopped in at Green Bar and were pleasantly surprised by the flavorful eats, yummy deserts, clean welcoming environment,and very friendly staff. We will definitely plan a stop there every time we're in the area!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, hip/trendy vibe
Cons: Small portions
bruble
bruble

• raw

love this little place!

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2013

What a great find! I really want one in Fort Worth!

Pros: good food, good pricing, good people
beetsrock
beetsrock

A pleasant suprise!

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

Ate lunch at this newly-opened casual restaurant. The menu is sparse but it was difficult to choose because everything looked good. Ordered the spicy kale salad. The dressing was very flavorful and the portion was big (although my lunch-mates were left wanting bigger portions of the lasagne and a side to accompany the burger). The staff was super-friendly and came around multiple times to fill water and clear plates. It was fairly crowded but there is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating and the food was served quickly. Nice to have a vegan option so close to the airport!

Scott Grenerth
Scott Grenerth

Great food, really nice people.

5 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

I'll head right back here without hesitation the next time I'm in Ft Lauderdale.

Pros: Great food , Nice outdoor patio seating, Great smoothies

Dear Owner and Manager of Green Bar and Kitchen: