Small restaurant located in Kuala Lumpur Chinatown. Large portions. Buffet at lunch only. Offers menu in English. December 2012 reported no longer all-vegan; is vegetarian. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet

First Review by nafanc

Nice food

3 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2012

Nice food, big potions and friendly people. I recoment if you around. It's normal Chinese vegan restaurant, urban type so dunnot expect comforts, just go eat and leave

Pros: Prices, Large portions, Good food
Cons: Ordinary Chinese style resto, On main road can be noisy

Good food whit less hospitality

3 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2012

I eat there a few times. The food was always very good at a good price/value. The place is not very inspiring, but OK.
The people working in the service hear are really harsh and some even very unfriendly.

Pros: good food
Cons: harsh staff, spotles dining room

Rips Off Tourists

2 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2012

Yin Futt Kuok was the first vegan eatery I came upon during my stay in KL, so I was very excited. Having just landed, however, I spoke only English, and after seating me the waitress informed me that the RM 6.50 meals were actually RM 10, due to it being Chinese New Year. I'm pretty sure none of the Chinese-Malaysians present paid double for their meals. While the food was good, Water Lily around the corner is far better value (the food and service is beyond reproach), and on the plus side they don't try to rip you off!

Pros: Large portions, Tasty food
Cons: Discriminate against non-Malaysians

Standard noodles and mock meat fare

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

Standard noodles/rice and mock meat fare. The place is a little dingy, but the dishes were quite good. It seemed to be a family business and the portions were very big at reasonable prices.

Pros: Big portions, Cheap, Central location
Cons: Not best of it's ilk, Little dingy

Dear Owner and Manager of Yin Futt Kuok: