Sangeetha

Neeruam
Neeruam

Disappointed

3 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

I went there three times. I was very happy of the food quality of each meal, and I didn't mind the service quite cold. However, the last time I went there they made a mistake in my order (they gave me a naan instead of a roti parotha). When I kindly ask them to change, the waiter told me that what I had in my plate was a roti. I felt he was fooling with me, but I didn't tell anything. I checked my bill in the end : they charged me a naan. I felt very angry, as it was clear that the waiter wasn't respectful at all and didn't mind making a fool of a tourist.

Pros: Good food, Good value for money
Cons: Bad service, Air conditionner is too cold
Ashni
Ashni

High quality South Indian and North Indian food

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

Delicious Indian food at good price, and this place offers both South Indian and North Indian food, all equally tasty.

We ordered three different thalis. My mum ordered the Jain one (huge - two curries, khadi, salad, naan, jeera rice), my dad ordered a Punjabi/North Indian one (few different kinds of rice and curries), and I had one of the basic South Indian ones. They were all delicious, served quickly, huge portions so one thali is probably enough for two people.

A lot of the dishes use ghee so if you are vegan, check before ordering.

Place is quite busy, but kept very clean.

Pros: V tasty food, Good for North and South Indian, Fast
Cons: Busy, Watch out for ghee (in a lot of items)
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

The best place on the street

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

This is (in my opinion) the best of the four Indian vegetarian restaurants on this street. It's nicely decorated, tranquil, clean and air-conditioned, with friendly workers. Prices are only slightly more than Bakti Woodlands and Lakshmi Vilas, and less than Sri Lakshmi Narayana Bhavan. They seemed to understand vegan, when I explained 'no milk, no butter, no cheese' and recommended the mini tiffin. This meal includes a small dosa (thin pancake) with four curries, a tasty donut type thing and a dessert - a bit like a thali. It was extremely delicious and filling and only cost RM 10. They also have a large range of immaculately presented sweets (although most contain dairy).

Pros: Delicious, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Need more clarity on vegan options
ekendra
ekendra

Disappointed - But great if you really love onion

2 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2012

We didn't really like this place. There were too many onions in everything and the service was sub standard.

The dosa we ordered was massive though. If unrolled, it would take up nearly half the table. Unfortunately the filling was potato and onion, with the onion overpowering every other spice.

simdel
simdel

A busy place with yummy sweets

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2010

I came here at lunch time and had the Sangheeta thali set meal for 12 RM and a lime juice. The total price came to 17.35 which is a little expensive for this type of restaurant at this time of day. Having said that, the thali was tasty and filling and the aircon was a bonus. It was very busy and popular with people waiting for tables, so that says something about the reputation of the place.

Pros: Tasty food, reasonable price
Cons: hectic and a wait at certain times
Abirami
Abirami

Best Indian Vegetarian Restaurant

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

sangeetha's serves both north and south indian cousine. I recently dined there, they serve tasty hot food, we really liked their kadai paneer(north indian cheese curry) onion vadai, (So crispy and yummy). This restaurant is "must try" for vegetarian residents and visitors. Has a good ambiance as well.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly staff
Cons: dodgy entrance
pradipd
pradipd

Nice

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

This is a better than average South Indian restaurant. It also a smattering of North Indian dishes, but as is the rule for all Indian restaurants, avoid South Indian dishes in North Indian restaurants and vice versa. The two are poles apart, and no chef can do justice to both in the same kitchen at the same time.

The place is airconditioned, unlike the other similar restaurants on the same block, clean and spacious. Food is uniformly authentic, delicious and reasonable.

Pros: Authentic, Value

Dear Owner and Manager of Sangeetha: