Vegefarm Restaurant

Vegetarian restaurant specializing in soya faux meat products. Funky, stylish decor. Creative food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, German, Beer/Wine

First Review by hack_man
Yilla
Yilla

Really good restaurant in Bremen

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

We stayed in Bremen for a couple of days to participate in the color run. We found this great restaurant online and went for dinner the same evening. The food is amazing!! It was so good that the next night we came back for more! :) I have uploaded some pictures so you can see how good the food looks. Well that is also how it tastes.

Pros: Great vegan food, Service , Nice atmosphere
mazergio
mazergio

Cucina asiatica gustora e piuttosto leggera

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

Il ristorante è moderno e pulito, forse l'atmosfera un po' troppo asettica. Il servizio è molto cortese. La cucina gustosa e non troppo pesante. Noi abbiamo mangiato il Tempura, molto buono, e spaghetti di soia con "gamberi". I gamberi vegan non erano granchè, ma il piatto ben fatto e saporito. I prezzi non particolarmente convenienti, ma le porzioni ragionevoli e la qualità buona.

Pros: Cortesia Servizio, Qualità Cibo
Cons: Il Locale Potrebbe Essere Più Accogliente
David Jones
David Jones

Asian eatery

2 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2011

I visited twice. The first time for the lunch specials. Nice decor if a little cold. Lots of green and very modern furniture which i liked. On my first visit i found the food fatty and bland.
On my second visit i was invited by a friend who wanted to try it out. It was the evening so we went
a la carte and he particularly was very dissappointed that despite lots of fake meat it was impossible to get any fresh vegetables or anything a litte bit healthy. We asked especially. A real disappointment
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 29, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 29, 2011

Pros: nice decor , if somewhat cold
Cons: fatty unhealthy food, nothing fresh
sierkson
sierkson

Can this be real?

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2011

I wondered whether this still was faux meat- it tasted great. Some people might be scared because its too realistic. So there is also a lot of tofu and seitan and some few dishes without any of these products.

We went there one day and left the restarant knowing, we would come back the next day. So you see: We loved it. All the four main dishes and two starters me and my girlfriend tried were awesome. The atmosphere is nice and calm, the waiter was really friendly and polite. The prices were o.k., somewhere in between 8-15 euro per dish, but there is daily menu, where u can find cheap dishes in between 5-6 euro, including a starter.

If you go to bremen: Try this place. The best Veggi-Restaurant I have been too so far. Thums up.

Pros: awesome food, fair prices, close to das viertel
olgucz
olgucz

July in Bremen

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2010

this was my first vegetarian/vegan restaurant ever.
there was nice oriental-looking guy who spoke English just fine. unfortunately, the menu itself is only in German, so he did his best to explain it to us.
menu is quite extensive. we had rice with seitan-mushroom-gineger stir-fry and paid 10EUR. the presentation could have been better, but the taste was there and nice interior design made up for it.
i would definitely recommend this place if you are in Bremen and want some vegan experience.

Pros: large portions, friendly stuff, unique interior
Cons: quite pricy

Riikka
Riikka

Not to our tastes

2 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2009

The menu sounded very delicious but the dishes we ordered weren't that good. I had some fish dish with white wine sauce and though the texture was spot on the taste was way too gingery and asian for my tastes (was excepting something more western with the sauce). My boyfriend had a glassnoodle salad with prawns which was way too spicy, it was one of the few times he couldn't finnish a meal and mind you we hadn't eaten anything that day. The prices were high for something that in the end was very typical asian cookery with some very good and fancy soy products.

Pros: Great idea and menu
Cons: Too spicy, Dull tasting, Expensive
  • David Jones David Jones

I'm afraid i have to agree with you. I expected a special new restaurant, but you are right that it is just typical Asian. Mind you, if you like typical fatty Asian -and I know many people in Germany do - then this could be the place for you.

cruisinto
cruisinto

My Vegan WOW

5 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2009

Food never tasted this good. My wife and I flew from london for the weekend with the proverbial Ryan Air flight and did a little planning ahead of time. I had heard about the Vegefarm in Bremen we made a reservation before our departure. We have made plans to return next month for a visit to the Vegefarm.

The food was great and gave us both a fantastic experience. Rarely do we find a vegan experience that stands out. New taste a new experience. Highly recommend it.

Pros: Vegan, Clean, Modern Atmosphere
medusa
medusa

delicious

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2009

Vegefarm is specialized on meat substitute and the food has got an Asian touch. Most dishes vegan (a lot of them!), only a few vegetarian (containing whey powder).
Not quit cheap but worth every penny.
It's our favourite for the vegan meetup, Bremen is lucky to have such a restaurant.

Pros: delicious food, 90% vegan, attentive staff
Cons: ambiance could be fancier, not suitable for those allergic to soy!
hack_man
hack_man

Recommended Place

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2009

I haven't been here as I was only in Bremen for 3 days for Silvester 08/09 but it is apparently much better than Veg World (which was excellent) and La Vita which to be honest wasn't that great. It looks really cool and they offer lots of soya products. Next time I am in Bremen I will definitely go there.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegefarm Restaurant: