Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese food menu. Has vegetable dishes as well a variety of mock meat dishes like crispy soy chicken, soy Peking ribs, curry with soy protein, and orange peel soy chicken. Ask if the soy meats are vegan without whey. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Chinese, Asian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg
3905 Independence Blvd F
Wilmington, North Carolina 28412
910-313 -6705

Open Mon-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-9.30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by VegansillyCat

Great food, nice people

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

It is difficult to choose a good Asian restaurant when you're in a new city, but I went online and read some reviews and decided try Uncle Lim's. We LOVED it! The food was delicious...not greasy...often difficult to find with Asian food. Fresh veggies, not over-cooked and the mock meat dishes were spectacular! Even the rice was exceptionally good. Also many vegan and vegetarian choices. Portions were more than enough to satisfy our hunger. Restaurant was not fancy, but very clean (very important to me), and the people were very friendly and conscientious. I really hope they succeed and expand. We were only visiting Wilmington, but when we go back, this will definitely be at the top of our list. I would give it 5 stars, but a non-vegetarian restaurant can only get 4 on this website, so I give it a 4+. My husband and I highly recommend this place!

Pros: excellent food, no msg, many vegetarian, vegan choices, friendly staff

Amazing Vegan Asian Food

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

This is my new favourite Asian restaurant. Everyone is really nice there and the food is fabulous. My boyfriend use to love General Tso chicken before he went vegan so he got that with the soy protein (which is vegan; they include all of the ingredients of the soy protein on the menu) and I got the Firecracker Soy Protein. Both were amazing!! The soy protein has a nice texture and the sauces are really tasty. The atmosphere in the restaurant is a bit lacking though. It's in the old China Garden in the Food Lion plaza on Independence; they haven't changed much of the interior or the China Garden sign. It's not the best place to eat-in, but the abundance of vegan/veggie options and execution more than make up for it.

Pros: Great food, Lots of veggie/vegan options (mock meat), Friendly staff
Cons: Hard to find , Not the best atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Uncle Lim's Kitchen: