The Veggie Grill - Long Beach

Casual all-vegan cafe chain with locations in Southern California (see website). Offers a variety of original veggie burgers and sandwiches, salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out
6451 E Pacific Coast Hwy (The Marketplace)
Long Beach, California 90803
562-430-4986
OPEN NOW

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:30pm

First Review by Suncholee
chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

delicious, non-greasy, carnivore approved!

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2014

Update: download the veggie grill app to your phone! I swear, if everyone used it as often as I do, they'd probably stop it :) Free entrees, appetizers with a certain number of points, plus the email coupons, this place is a reliable default option.
Favs include the kale cesar salad, the grilled or blackened chicken dishes, the all american stack or portabello burgers are popular with meat-eaters, and I love the cauliflower sides. The grilled corn is the best corn on the cob you'll ever eat.

veggie grill is really one of my favorite places. The only downside was that it was always away from where I needed to be so when this location opened up in LB (where I spend most weekends), I was counting down the days and was there at the door at it's preview opening, begging for them to open up already! After the place opened up for real, I brought my teammates there, a pack of hungry omni/carnivores and was delighted to find that they all enjoyed their lunches (almost) as much as I did :) Places like Veggie Grill make me happy that there are tasty places to further the acceptance of herbivory...I finally have a place where friends will feel like they can have a clean and healthy meal yet feel satisfied, and best of all, I can eat with them, stuffing my veggie tummy with food I want! And everything on the menu is something I want. I have now gone back to this location, sometimes with coveted coupons and introduced veggie food to no-longer-reluctant customers. For those hesitant to try veggie meats, the portobello burger has been a hit, for those who want a refreshing introduction to a few mock meats, I like the chopped salad that's a mix of a few. In between, there are the standard "fast food" diner type favorites like hot wings and fries, but the side of kale salad (surprisingly ok for skeptics, it's got a tasty dressing) reminds everyone that your arteries will thank you for switching things up to the veggie side. Thumbs up, I can't believe it took me this long to write a review.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 11, 2012

Pros: always introducing new items, cleanly delicious, quick
Cons: need more locations everywhere!
earthville
earthville

Solid

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

We'd been to other Veggie Grill locations before, but this was our first time at Long Beach, and there were no surprises. The same tasty meals with welcome options such as substituting kale for bread, etc., and fast, friendly service, with moderate portions for moderate prices.

We would love it more if they used organic ingredients and made a commitment to avoiding GMOs. As it is, at least it's vegan.

One nice thing about this location is the ample indoor and outdoor seating, and of course free parking.

Pros: All vegan
Cons: Not organic
Angela102585
Angela102585

first time of many

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

Downloaded the free app then received a free meal!!!! It was so yummy the buffalo chickin wrap was yummy!

Yilla
Yilla

♥ this place! :)

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

We are on holiday here and found this place last night in search of vegan food. And I am so glad we did! Finally a place where one can go and eat everything from the menu! Soups, starters, burgers, sides, salads, desserts...all vegan! :) My only problem was that the burger tasted so much like meat, that I felt bad I was eating it. I loved the mac-n-cheese! I hope they'll open up restaurants in Europe too!

Pros: All vegan, Clean, Fast
Manish21
Manish21

A-Freaking-Mazing

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I went here for 3 straight days while in LBC. Everything I are was just awesome. Truly a veggie heaven.

Pros: selection, friendly, taste
Cons: non
magicalprincess666
magicalprincess666

mind blown

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

went with three other friends and everything we ordered was delicious. if youre not into mock meats there are lots of nice salads and other options but if you dont mind them, the buffalo wings are amazing. would be a good place to bring friends who aren't vegetarian or vegan.

Pros: wide selection, cheap, service
HawthornHiker
HawthornHiker

Excellent

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

I went here for the first time today, and I loved it. The service was great, the atmosphere was nice, and most importantly, the food was delicious. I ordered the Papa's Portabello mushroom burger with the side of chili, and I absolutely devoured it. I will definitely be returning.

Pros: Excellent food, Nice Atmosphere, Great Service
RuggerNerd
RuggerNerd

Well...

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2012

I really enjoyed this restaurant. It is the first vegetarian/vegan restaurant that I have ever been to, and I've been a vegetarian for quite some time. There is a nice, friendly, chill vibe about the place and the staff is amazingly nice. The food is great--I especially love their chili! And it comes as a side dish with their sandwiches and burgers (BAZINGA!). It's a nice size for its location and provides both booth and table seating; you seat yourself, so if you have a particularity about where to sit, it's first come fists serve. There's also outside seating which is nice for when the weather isn't acting bi-polar. The food is decently priced and you will be happy for what you've paid for. I feel this place would make a great 'date-night' spot, but it can get a bit crowded at times as its recognition and popularity is on the rise.

Pros: food, price, atmosphere
Cons: can get crowded, seating
pfolman
pfolman

Awesome Food !

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

This place is a God-Send.

Their food is fresh, creative, and very, very yummy.
Their Burgers are especially good, but so are their Sweet Potato Fries. Even their prices are reasonable. My new favorite. You need to try them, they deserve it !

Pros: tasty, fresh, creative
Cons: none
Suncholee
Suncholee

My new favorite place!!! Thanks Happy Cow!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

Where has this place been all my life! People are starting to wise up and are sick of the crap big corporations are feeding us. Tumor food! So now, finally a solution. This place really impressed me. The decor the extremely friendly service, and quite frankly the food was awesome. All Hail Kale salad with huge carmelized walnuts for the wifey and the blackened chickin (tempeh) with papaya salsa and quinoa, which was done perfectly and another dressing on a side kale salad. Awesome drink station with three iced teas, organic, and lightly sweetened lemonade and strawberry lemonade. The service was so fast and friendly. Only $24 for everything. Next to trader joes, outdoor seating even. Love it! This is the better part of Long Beach.

Veggie Grill, im hooked! The manager was even nice when my wife dropped her to-go drink on the floor. Cleaned up in 10 secs. Class act all the way!

Pros: Food, Decor, Service
Cons: Nada
  • pfolman pfolman

Hi
    I feel the same way. This place needs so many customers that they immediately have to open 5 more throughout Long Beach !
    Love going there.